010- Breaking Point

Start from the beginning

Y/N pulled the knife out of the table and got back to eating her toast, without minding the several eyes of Gryffindors on her.

"What was that for?!", Harry bellowed in horror, after a moment, when Y/N didn't give him an explanation for the potential stabbing.

She put her knife down, this time more subtly, and looked up to face Harry. Her eyes were fixed on his emerald green ones. And for the first time, Harry noticed her eyes, they were 'cold and blank.' They weren't her usual warm eyes with which she generally talked to Harry. But this time, she had her cold gaze on him.

"You know, Harry---", she stopped and picked a tissue to wipe her mouth, "---sometimes your total obliviousness blows my mind.", she slowly but firmly stated, and glared at him..

Harry opened his mouth several times to say something, but he couldn't find the right words that wouldn't make the situation worse. In the end, he chose to stay silent.

Y/N stood up from the table and looked at Hermione, "I'll see you in the dorm, Hermione---"

"---my appetite died after someone's nagging.", she turned to give Harry a last glare, and then walked out of the hall.

Meanwhile, Harry had the ashamed and regretful look plastered on his face. He finally understood why she was so pissed off. It was because he got angry at her for talking to Oliver, but he was being a bloody hypocrite by talking to Cho..

Not long after, Hermione went back to her dorm too, without saying anything to Harry.

He also got some warnings and death stares from the other Gryffindors who were witnessing the scene. Angelina told him that he was a 'dumbass' for treating Y/N like that. He didn't disagree. Dean and Seamus told him, it wasn't wise to get in her bad books. He didn't disagree, again. Fred and George said, he wasn't going to survive the night because she would murder him in his sleep. He couldn't disagree again.

Soon, Ron and Harry went back to their dorm too..

"It's like I don't even do anything, yet I manage to mess everything up.", Harry dropped his head in his hands and let out an exhausted groan, as he was sitting on his bed and Ron was beside him. Ron patted his back sympathetically.

"I don't know how to make it up to her!", Harry cried and grabbed a pillow from his bed and buried his head in it.

As on cue, the twins entered Harry and Ron's dorm.

"What's wrong Harrykins?", George asked as he went towards Ron's bed and started eating one of his chocolate frogs..

Harry was too frustrated to answer, he just shook his head in defeat, so Ron replied instead of him, "It's Y/N. He's just mad at himself for making things worse with her."

"We don't know how you managed to make things even worse for yourself.", Fred said, looking at Harry in disbelief.

"Yeah Harry, we thought you'll make up with her as soon as you could--", George agreed.

"--- but we definitely didn't expect what happened tonight!", the twins chorused, and gave concerned looks at Harry.

Harry groaned and fell onto his bed with utmost frustration and anger--- He was angry at himself for being a complete lunatic!

Meanwhile, in the girl's dorm, things seemed perfectly normal, just as they were before the scene at the dinner table...

Y/N and Hermione resumed their chats and gossips, probably because none of them wanted to talk about what happened. They didn't want to waste their night, reminiscing about something that wasn't even important..