Chapter Nine

I heard a gasp from behind me and I turned while opened my eyes to see Sylvia standing there in shock. I smiled at her happily as the smell of the food on the plate and the blood in the cup mixed with the smell of the wild life and plants the wind brought in through the window.

"It's such a nice day, why are all the shutters closed?" I asked her looking back out the window to the clear blue sky that had birds playing under it.

"Does the light not hurt you?" Sylvia asked cautiously walking towards me.

I turned my smile to her again. "No it doesn't, why do you ask?"

Sylvia froze in front of me again and I could hear her heartbeat beating frantically in her chest as she looked at me. Her eyes held something I couldn't read in them when she looked at me, I saw her hands begin to tremble. "How do you get more beautiful each time I look at you?" She asked in a whisper and I blushed.

"I don't know what you're talking about Sylvia. I might feel different but I don't think I look that different from before." I looked away from her embarrassed.

"But you do, you look amazing." Sylvia told me and I could hear the sincerity in her voice.

I shook my head not believing her. "What did you mean when you asked why the sun isn't hurting me?" I went back to the previous topic.

"Well, it usually takes a very long time for one of your kind to build up resistance towards the sun. You've only been awake for a month, well technically a day since you were asleep for most of the month anyway." Sylvia answered me as she turned away from me and placed her tray onto the table.

"Well, I have been told I am a very strange and different person." I smiled with a laugh as I walked to her and picked up the glass of blood. I felt my teeth lengthen and my senses expand making the mana around me more prominent. I sipped at the blood and waved my hand around in the air feeling the mana. "It's very dull in here." I mutter feeling the mana in the hall was very dusty and dark while the mana that seeped in from outside was full of brightness and life. I waved my hands at the windows using the mana to push both the windows and shutters open so that new and fresh mana could come into the room.

Sylvia gasped from beside me. "How'd you do that?" She asked blinking hard against the sudden light in the room as the wind put out the fires in the fireplace and torches along the walls.

"I can feel the mana around us, I just nudged the mana in the direction of the windows to push them open." I shrugged not entirely sure how to do it properly but it worked so I'm happy with that.

Sylvia shook her head a small smile on her lips. "You really are a strange one. Even I have heard of mana and it is very difficult to feel and move it around. How can you just nudge it in the right direction when most people have to train for years to even feel it around them?"

I shrugged tipping back my glass swallowing the last of the drink before moving onto the food. "I just feel it and let it do whatever it wants inside and around me. In return, I can move it with a nudge with my mind." I smiled at her as I felt the mana within and around her. "You could probably do it too if you accept it within you."

"Accept what?" She asked.

"The mana. Let it do as it pleases within you and it will allow you to do what you please to it." I told her with another shrug. "It's what I do anyway."

"Well, I wasn't asleep for a whole month to do something like that." She drawled at me and I laughed.

"Alright, but I still don't entirely know how this happened." I told her finishing my breakfast. "Have you told lady Beatrice that I'm going to meet her in the library now?"