FORTY-FOUR | year 6

Start from the beginning

"Malfoy, Cassiopeia. Here to pick up a package," she said.

He stared at her up and down, not moving. Cassiopeia was already impatient.

"Well?" she frowned.

"Malfoy, eh?" He asked, turning around.

Cassiopeia did not answer, she only covered her nose. He went over to her, handing her a package. It wasn't sealed well, but it did not matter now.

Cassiopeia handed him a sickle before walked out of the smelly post office. As she went out, she quickly transferred the necklace into another bag. Cassiopeia walked through the door of the three broomsticks.

Spotting Draco's blonde hair, she went over to him. She took off her long coat and gloves. Cassiopeia wore her usual suit and tie, she hid the package under her coat.

"You know where it is," she muttered. Draco nodded, as he was going to stand up, there was a familiar voice calling her name.

"Cass!"

She turned around to see Hermione, smiling at her, but her smile faded when her eyes landed on her brother.

"Hermione," said Cassiopeia, standing up. She glanced at Draco who had a scowl on his face, she nodded at the coat, and he took it, not saying anything but giving her a scowl.

"What're you doing here?" asked Cassiopeia, placing her hands in her pockets.

"Come with us," she said, taking Cassiopeia's arm and dragging her to their table. Harry smiled. "We tried to find you, but we thought you were still in your common room."

"Right. Hello love," she said, kissing Harry's cheek as she sat down next to him. Her eyes were on Draco, who looked around suspiciously. Cassiopeia glanced at the others, clearing her throat.

A skinny kid in an apron appears, "What'll we have?"

Cassiopeia looked at him, "three butterbeers,"

"Three?" asked Harry.

"I don't want to drink any right now," said Cassiopeia.

"A splash of ginger in mine please," said Hermione.

Cassiopeia noticed that Draco was staring at something next to her, she followed his gaze and sees that Harry is narrowing his eyes at her brother.

"Cass," said Harry, "what're you doing here with your brother?"

"He dragged me with him," she said simply, "I decided I should go with him, I was gonna look around to buy some things as well."

"Aw, bloody hell..." grimaced Ron.

They turn, sees Ron glowering at Ginny, who sits in a dark corner with Dean, their faces lit by a guttering candle

"Oh, honestly, Ron," huffed Hermione, "They're just holding hands--"

Cassiopeia chuckled before smirking at Ron, "and snogging."

"I'd like to leave," said Ron, grabbing his coat.

"Leave? You can't be serious," Hermione rolled her eyes.

"That happens to be my sister," stated Ron, motioning towards Ginny.

"So? What if she looked over here and saw you snogging me? Would you expect her to get up and leave?" asked Hermione.

"I'd like to see that," Cassiopeia muttered to Harry, chuckling as Harry grinned.
Ron blinks, utterly speechless.

"Harry, m'boy!" greeted Slughorn. Cassiopeia took this opportunity to look at Draco who seemed to be in a hushed conversation with Madam Rosmerta.

As Slughorn waddles over, sloshing mug in hand, Harry rises immediately -- an action so grossly out of character that Cassiopeia regards him with amused curiosity.