Story Introduction

Kelsey Founders was living her best life as a teenager growing up in Strawberry. That was until one day her parents decided they were moving to follow their dreams and took Kelsey along with her. Their idea of a dream life was nothing but hell for Kelsey. For the next ten years, she found herself dreaming about how different her life could be if she was given the chance to go back. One chance meeting gave her the opportunity of a lifetime, to leave her life of oppression and go back to the last place she remembered feeling pure joy. She has no idea that her old life won’t be left behind so easily.

Chaz Barlow was feeling a bit lost in Sacramento. In the last year he had broken up with his long-time girlfriend and his business partner made some poor choices that led to the end of his construction company. With nothing left for him in the big city, he ended up moving to the small town of Strawberry where his mom and sister were happily living. Chaz purchased a long-abandoned house on the outskirts of town, using his construction skills to build it back to its prior glory. When a young woman shows up one day to revisit her childhood home and befriend his mom, Chaz finds himself in a strange predicament. He feels connected to her, but she’s way too young for him. When her past threatens their future, Chaz isn’t about to back down.

The town of Strawberry is a one-of-a-kind location where everybody knows everybody and one person’s news is the next person’s gossip. This small tourist location is known for all things strawberry with a little small-town drama on the side. This series of books will follow the residents of Strawberry as they navigate through life’s little surprises and unexpected turns. From a good old-fashioned romance to a second chance love story, and even an enemies to lovers adventure, this series has a bit of everything. The third story in this series follows Chaz and Kelsey, two people trying to recover from their own pasts who bond over a house, of all things.

The names, locations, and storylines of Strawberry Wine and all of the Strawberry Inn stories are a work of fiction. Any similarity to real-life people, places, or events is merely coincidental. This series will contain adult themes and is recommended to readers who are 18+.

Please enjoy the story and don’t forget to drop a comment here and there. Follow me on my Instagram page for more information about my past and future writings: jsmith_writes.

J. Smith