nine

nine || a surprise gone wrong
a/n: I'm not very proud of this chapter :,)
𐐪𐑂

"Wait what do you mean you're asking Taehyun to accompany you to the Lantern Festival?!" Yeonjun said in shock as he quickly trailed behind Beomgyu. It had been four days since he hung out with the younger and he concluded that asking Taehyun to the lantern festival was the best thing.

"Because hyung. In my dreams, I threw a surprise thing for Taehyun and it worked! He said yes!"

"Why are you depending on your dreams, Beomgyu? They're just dreams and this is the reality for fucks sake!" Yeonjun groaned loudly and brushed his hand through his hair out of frustration. He had spent a few hours wasting his precious time listening to Beomgyu discuss his 'amazing' plan.

"Hey! My dreams inspire me!" Beomgyu defended and quickly approached a classroom, knocking a rhythm on the door two students opened it and looked at the two.

"Beomgyu!" One of the students, named Isa said with a smile. "We got everything you needed." The other called Yiren said. Beomgyu walked in and saw two giant buckets full of confetti. "Thank you guys, I appreciate it."

Yeonjun groaned and shook his head. "Seriously? A giant banner and buckets were full of confetti. Are you five?" He asked unamused. Beomgyu scoffed and examined everything carefully. "Don't be a downer, Yeonjun! I think it's adorable that Beomgyu will finally make a move." Isa said and nudged Beomgyu who had a reddened face.

"Don't you think it's a little selfish, Beomgyu? I thought Taehyun hated these types of surprises."

"No no! It will work!" Beomgyu said and took his phone out. The space between Taehyun and Beomgyu closed up juusssstttt a little bit. There are times when Taehyun would plain out ignore the elder or punch/slap him from time to time but overall when the two are alone Taehyun is calmer.

The sudden sound of the ten-minute bell rang, Beomgyu pouted slightly saddened that he couldn't finish set up. "Come on let's head to class before Soobin finds us again," Yeonjun said as Beomgyu just nodded. Waving goodbye to Isa and Yiren the two left the classroom, and so did the girls.

"Beomgyu-ssi is trying to surprise Taehyunie?~"

"It would be a shame if something went wrong."

The two whispered to each other as an evil smile formed on their faces.

𐐪𐑂

"Hurry hurry!" Beomgyu whispered in a panic, right now it was afterschool time and he had a bunch of people helping him set up for the surprise. He was panicked as he texted Taehyun to meet the male in front of the school hallway for something important.

"Beomgyu are you sure this was the best idea?" Yeonjun mumbled watching Beomgyu style his hair. Was Beomgyu confident about this? Yes, he knew what he was doing plus he had people helping him out!

With a giant banner, two buckets of confetti, and a bouquet of peonies it was like his own little promposal but a lantern festival version!

"It's a good idea! Better than whatever the hell you did with Soobin." Beomgyu said and looked at the elder with an unamused expression. Yeonjun's face reddened up as he scoffed. "I didn't even ask Soobin yet! I-I'm asking him like a normal person!"

"Yeah—"

"Beomgyu he's coming!" Kai said and ran towards the elder. Beomgyu had asked Kai early this morning to distract Taehyun as long as he could before he let the younger go near him. Beomgyu gulped and quickly told everyone to hide.