twelve

twelve || final preparations

𐐪𐑂

"Hyuka!" Taehyun called out for the male. Kai turned around and looked at his best turned in confusion. It was currently the second period and the two had split into groups to finish a project, and sadly Taehyun was partnered up with three people he barely knew. But he was grateful that they were nice and smart.

"Have you seen Beomgyu hyung? I tried looking for him this morning but I couldn't find him— even Yeonjun hyung!"

Kai tilted his head in confusion and stared at Taehyun as if he said something wrong. "Why are you looking at me like that?" Taehyun asked seeing the slightly confused look on the male's face.

"Taehyun-ah, you don't know?"

Taehyun stared at him in a confused daze. "Huh?"

"All of the seniors are in downtown Seoul right now helping the student council set up."

What.

𐐪𐑂

"Ahhh! Hyung my arms hurt~ My back is giving up on me hyung!" Beomgyu cried finally placing down the last few boxes full of heavy rings.

"Stop complaining!" Yeonjun whined, he was stuck and tired of hearing Beomgyu complain about carrying every heavy box and having to walk everywhere for only a couple of hours.

The place festival was set at one of the huge parks near the lake, there was a huge dirt pathway leading down the street leading to the lake. Food trucks and games were set up around the area as multiple hanging lanterns hung from trees and across street lamps.

Just down the path was the huge stage that Ito Academy rented out to have the big contest. The stage was beautiful, it had a good silver platform and a blue/white dome over it as big speakers and lights hung from the side. Just thinking about how in just one day he'll be performing on it sent straight chills down his body.

"Excited, Gyu?" Yeonjun nudged the younger one who was staring so intensely at the stage. Beomgyu nodded, he was overwhelmed with excitement and the thought of winning the contest and representing Ito Academy meant a lot to him! Especially for his last year here.

"Hey, guys! How's everything going?" The student council vice president, Chaewon, asked the two. Chaewon was a sweet girl, a lot of the underclassmen looked up to her and admired her. When the school was electing the new Student Council group there was a tie between Soobin and Chaewon for president, but Soobin won by one more point.

Of course, Chaewon wasn't salty or angry about it, she was actually very proud of Soobin for becoming president. Soobin admired that side of her and automatically made her the vice president.

"It's going great Chaewon-ssi! The place looks beautiful already. I'm excited to see it tomorrow tonight when everything is fully finished." Yeonjun replied to her, and Beomgyu agreed. Experiencing Ito Academy's lantern festival was something life-changing.

Sure some may think that it's a little school event hosted by multiple students and it has no special meeting but after three years, It became one of the most popular school-hosted events in Seoul. People always looked forward to it, students or not.