16. jungkook

"Does Yoongi know what happened at the club?" Jimin asks.

"About the ex? I don't know," I say. "Not from me. Maybe they told him."

Namjoon drinks his coffee on the other side of the couch. "It's the first time I've seen her laugh at those songs you sing."

"It is the first time." I smile widely. It's a great first time. Better than sex. My efforts are being acknowledged after three years of trials.

I'm not really sure what to make out of it. There's no eye-rolling, no scoffs, no snarky remarks today. There's bickering, but in a lighter tone than usually. Last night brought a huge shift to what's between me and her. Maybe I didn't say all of that for nothing. Maybe it meant something to her.

There's always been this insane frustration whenever we were in one room. It's gone. There's tension, but it's not as suffocating.

I wave at Joon to share his coffee.

"Do it one more time," Namjoon says, passing me the cup. "I'm kinda curious."

"Curious?" Jimin asks.

"I think Luna likes Jungkook," he says.

I've got half of his iced Americano on my shirt. I jumped to smack him in the head, because what the fuck is he saying, but spilled instead.

"Ah, shit." Thrusting the cup into Jimin's hand, I take my shirt off and dry my chest with the untouched back. I catch Jimin giving me sneaky glances. "What?"

"Can I get Namjoon on board?" he asks.

"On board with what?" Joon asks. Jimin whispers to Namjoon, probably that I'm 'down bad' and Joon gasps. "Shit, I knew it."

"Yeah, so don't say that ridiculous shit when I'm holding your coffee," I say, smacking him with the wet shirt, before it lands on the floor. "You're lucky I like it better shirtless."

"No one in this room will complain if you show your tits," Jimin adds.

"I can see exactly one person who would," I say, shamelessly glancing at Yoongi. Only when I do, I catch Luna looking at me.

When our eyes meet, she pulls the mic closer and says, "It's not a strip club, darling."

That nickname does not help with what Namjoon has just said. Even though it has always been platonic, and a joke. It feels a bit too warm in my abdomen when I consider the possibility of her using it jokingly to disguise her feelings.

I put my hands behind my head and lean back. Even if I'm burning inside, I'm not showing it on the outside. "I was so hot watching you I had to take my shirt off."

The weirdest yet the best thing about it is that she doesn't look at me like she wants to punch me anymore. Normally, she'd be rolling her eyes and flipping me off. But she keeps our eyes locked, smiles and raises her eyebrows.

I think things are getting better.

"Should we take it to our room, then?"

Probably only Jimin and Namjoon know I want to scream now, but I don't. When she mentions our room, I have a song in my mind, instead. I tap the melody out with my foot until it gets to the point I want.

"And I already met your best friend. He ain't crazier than you. I'm gonna need some thicker armor to spend another night with you."

"You haven't seen my crazy, yet," she says, not into the mic anymore because she steps off of the platform.

I get off the couch, because I have a feeling she's gonna end up dangerously close to me, and I will lose my shit. "Do I wanna see it?"

"I think you should."