So Close Yet So Far | Chapter 21

The girls slumps down on the floor as soon as they entered their room. They let out shaky, heavy breathes, and drank water to calm theirselves. It had been another promotion of their new song 'Pink Venom' and the choreography, made none other than Lisa, was sure of a hell for them.

Still, they were happy that the fans liked their charisma and stage presence, giving lots of positive comments about their song. Some was saying the theme of the song didn't fit them, but as always they ignored the negative ones and focused on their fans.

Bottled of waters were distributed to each member as some staff helps them. Jennie sat down, her back resting against the soft pillow, as she reached for her phone and looked at a certain phone number.

"Jisoo still hasn't reached out for you?" Irene questions. She sits beside Jennie, looking at the brunette worriedly, while Jennie clears her throat; hiding her phone.

"I think... she's just really busy. You know, being a doctor isn't that easy" Jennie replied. Irene shakes her head in frustration and pats Jennie's shoulder.

Irene sighs. "Almost a month, Jennie. No calls, no texts, not anything. She don't even answer knocks on her house. She even dropped my brother as her patient and someone already took her place. And you still call that busy?"

"But she told me she'll meet me again. I just have to wait for her..." Jennie practically whispered. Irene heard and bit her lower lip, hurt to see Jennie's mood totally down.

"You know that we can kidnap Lisa, so we can ask her Jisoo's whereabouts"

Jennie laughed at Irene's ridiculous joke. They were once again called back in stage to announce the winner making their conversation stop right there. Jennie remained silent the whole announcement, and only gave fake smiles after getting their win. After the promotion, they headed to the restaurant where their CEO has called them for dinner.

"Lis, can you not really tell where Jisoo unnie is?" Yeri Innocently asked. Lisa, who was caught off guard by Yeri's questions, chokes on her food. Rosé immediately helped Lisa, by getting her a glass of water, while Lisa thanked her.

Lisa clears her throat. All attention was on her which made her nervous. "Uhm... well... Jisoonie asked me, well, not personally though, it was her secretary, and he said that Jisoonie asked him to tell me that.. Nevermind. Jisoonie asked me to not tell anyone her whereabouts" Lisa explained.

Jennie frowned and focused her attention back to her plate. Yeri whines, trying to comvince Lisa, telling the blonde that she misses the raven haired. Lisa kept on blocking all the questions from Wendy and Joy, while Irene and Rosé tried to stop the three girls.

"Jisoonie wouldn't like it if I told you girls that she's in Japan! So I can't tell you, okay?!" Lisa snaps. It immediately got Jennie's attention and looked at Lisa, with a wide smile on her lips. "Fuck this shit, I'm dead meat." Lisa groans in annoyance and bumps her head on the table.

Rosé giggles and pokes Lisa's cheeks. "You can be really dumb sometimes, you know?"

"Don't have to remind me, Chaeng" Lisa replied, hitting her head repeatedly on the table; while Rosé placed her palm to prevent Lisa from hurting herself.

"Where exactly in Japan?" Irene asked.

Lisa sighs. "Got nothing to lose now anyway. She's in Tokyo, with her parents and siblings"

Just then, their manager barged inside their room, with a wide grin on his face, as he announce, "CEO Yang decided that you girls will have a short vacation at Japan!"

What a coincidence.

///

After the past two days of promoting their song they finally got their schedule of going to Japan. Arriving at the country, many fans were already waiting for their arrival. Flashes firstly greets them, along with some Japanese fans that were cheering at them, hyping them up after noticing their down mood. The girls gave them genuine smiles before getting inside their car, safely.