🤍7.1🤍

Riftan's pov:
"LET HER GO, IDIOTS", I HEAR HEBARON SCREAM from outside and I push past the maid running down to the yard to stop this madness, but I got blocked by the guards on my way.

"Sorry, my Lord, we have commands from the First Lady to not let you go outside till the morning", the guards explained and I grab him by the collar slamming him in the wall.

"You're suppose to listen to me, not to her, you dumbass! Release Eleanor!", I shouted in his face, but he shook his head in denial.

"I'm sorry, my Lord", he said and more guards came to stop me.

They all caught me and pulled me back, then pinned me to the ground. My hands and legs were restrained with rope and my face pressed to the ground. Goddamn it, Maximilian! I curse her in my mind and I fight to escape the tight grip around my body.

Eleanor's pov:
The whole village came to see me in the most shameful moment in my life. I watch as Ruth, sir Hebaron and Gabelle are getting escorted inside. The guards were beating them up and kicking them, while they were on the ground.

Gordon was there too begging with his last strength the guards to let me go. But I was useless. The First Lady of Anatol wanted my head, so we can't do anything.

I wonder, if Riftan knows about this. Did he allow it to happen? I thought and tears slowly rolled down to my face. My wrists were hurting from the rope. Bruises and blood on my body from the fight in the forest. I felt like a criminal for the first time in my life.

The night finally fell down. Everybody slowly started to go home and I was left alone only with Gordon by my side. He didn't want to go back inside the castle, he insisted on staying by my side till the execution.

"Gordon, please...go inside", I looked at him and he looked back at me, "it's getting cold out here. I don't want you to get more sick".

"I'm not leaving you here, Eleanor", he said and it was his final decision. I can't do much, when Gordon takes a decision, so I just let him stay with me till the morning. "I don't believe you did something, she's just crazy".

"I didn't..I swear I would never steal, you know me, Gordon", I started crying and I look down to my lap, because I was put on my knees and I barely felt my legs, "I'm sorry it took me so long to come back. I'm sorry I didn't come to see you for two years. I'm sorry, Gordon".

"It's not your fault, Eleanor. I understand what you wanted and what you had to do", Gordon comes closer to me and wipes my tears away with his thumb, "just remember, that we all love you very much..no matter what happens".

"I know...I'm so thankful to Riftan for giving me a chance to meet you all", I smiled a little bit. I didn't wanna cry in my last minutes on Earth. I wanted to remember life with the good times, not with the bad.

"I wonder, if the Lord knows about this..".

"I won't be surprised, if he does, but he didn't say anything", I said.

Meanwhile Riftan..:
I got put in a cage still tied up. They threw me inside like I was some kind of peasant. I stood up supporting myself on the wall and I saw the face of the magician next to me.

I turn around and Ruth, Hebaron and Gabelle were locked too. They all looked at me with rage in their eyes, but then kept quiet. I sat on the ground and I started to rub my back in the wall to make the rope less tighter.

"Did you know about this?", Hebaron suddenly spoke up and I look up at him. He looks down at me with the saddest eyes I've ever seen.

"Of course not!", I shouted, "Do you think I would allow this to happen, if I knew?".

"I don't know..I don't know nothing anymore".

The three of them kept quiet for most of the time, but I didn't had time to worry about them right now. I continued to rub the rope until it finally broke free. My rub my wrists, because they were hurting so much and I finally reach the knife in my back pocket to let my legs free.

"I'm glad I won't see it", Ruth suddenly said and I looked at him. We all did. "I can't bare the thought of seeing her die".

"I can't too", Hebaron added, "this girl was like my daughter for real. I'll miss her".

"You two stop immediately!", I shouted at them and they looked at me, those hopeless eyes were bruising my soul, "We'll save her. Don't worry. I know how to escape from here".

They looked at each other and after realising I knew what I was doing they all gathered around me to help me get free. After my legs were free I began to dig into the big lock to break it from the inside. Don't worry, Eleanor, I'm coming for you.

UNEDITED
A/n-I'm sorry for the short part.
I wanna say thank you so much for 1K reads ❤️ I'm glad you like the book.