🤍chapter 2🤍

RUTH'S WORDS KINDA MADE ME CALM DOWN A LITTLE BIT. If my Lord never receive another letter, or he never finds the girl, he'll simply forget about it. I walked out of the library and I started walking straight to the training field, where all the knights were.

On my way I hear a couple of servants whisper to each other, but I couldn't hear what was the hot gossip today. I didn't care tho, I had work to do and I had to focus on it. Soon the First Lady will arrive for her engagement and the castle has to be in perfect shape.

As I walked out on the training field I spot only sir Hebaron there and two of the youngsters, who are training to become the next knights. I was confused. It was 10 o'clock, which means it's time for training. But Riftan nor the knights were there. Did I miss something?

The two young boys spot me and they immediately threw their swords to the side to come and greet me. I love the way their cheerful personalities show around me. I thought of them as my own kids, I loved these boys so much.

"Lady Eleanor", Yurixion Rovar, my most loved and cheerful boy greeted me with his usual never ending energy, "I'm so glad to see you today. Do you need help with anything?".

"Aren't you guys suppose to train?", I ask him and then move to my other precious boy Garrow Livakion.

"You won't believe it, Eleanor", sir Hebaron laughed out loud and came to me, his big body right in front of my face making me feel like my size doesn't matter at all, "God blessed us all".

"What happened?", I asked him.

"Our Lord received a love letter and now he's in the best mood I've ever seen him. He even gave us a couple of days off. Crazy, right?", Hebaron continued to laugh and I felt the shame slowly rushing to my face. Don't tell me everybody knows about my letter. It's been only an hour since his highness received it.

"Wow, the Lord received a love letter? It must have been from the noble lady herself", Yurixion said with so much excitement in his eyes. Both him and Garrow looked excited.

 Both him and Garrow looked excited

"No, it's from a commoner girl. Someone, that works for him personally", sir Hebaron looks at me and I immediately know what he was thinking. I got busted. "Now the Lord spread the rumour, so he can find her easily".

"What, if he doesn't find her?", I look down at my feet and tried to avoid sir Hebaron's eyes on me. So awkward >.<

"Trust me, he will", he chuckled.

Sir Hebaron puts his sword in its case and he turned his back on me to start cleaning the training area. I give the two boys orders to go and help in the kitchen and they agreed.

When both me and Hebaron were alone, I move next to him and I started picking up the wood, that fell from the training effigy. I can feel his eyes on me, but I tried not to pay attention to it. Then I felt his strong hand on my back tapping me gently.

"We all know, Eleanor. But we won't tell him it was you. We are not fools", sir Hebaron assured me and continued to clean.

"What, if he offers a price for her?".

"Even then. You're more important to us than the stupid price. I can't imagine how he might react, if he knows it's you".

I hope you're right, sir Hebaron.

After I finished my usual chores, I decided to look around the castle to see, if we need to do some renovations before our future queen comes to visit. Me and Gordon walked past every corridor, room and hall to make sure we have everything in check.

I started writing down every broken window and squeaky door to make sure we'll fix it before her majesty's arrival. I was so nervous and stressed out, because of the engagement. I knew I had to do all the work all by myself and if I mess up Riftan will be very mad.

I gave the list to Gordon to bring it to our new masters and to make sure Ruth will get the list too to check our finances. Man, my head is pounding so much, I put my hand on my forehead and I massaged it a little, I hope I can finish it till afternoon, so I can rest a little.

After finishing with the interiors, I had to make sure our stables were fine too. I press the list to my chest and I started running down to the stables. I run past the Lord's room and at that same time he was coming out of it. I ran past him and our eyes met for a moment.

I ran past him pressing my notes even more, so he cannot see my hand writing and recognised it from the letter

"Eleanor", he shouted after and I stopped at the spot. I heard his strong loud steps coming closer to me and I felt his hand on my shoulder giving me warmth, "don't run around like that, you might hurt yourself", he said.

"Yes, my Lord, forgive me", I turn to face him and I bow down to him as an apology.

"Come on, come on", he chuckled and made me stood up, "we know each other for years now, you don't need to be so formal with me. And please start calling me by my name".

"As you wish, my Lor- I mean Riftan", I quickly corrected myself and I put my hand over my mouth for a moment. He looked at me and then bursted out laughing at me.

"Ahahaha, Eleanor..you'll never change, even if I try to change you", he grabbed the list from my hands and my blood ran cold. Please, don't look at the notes, please... "where were you going by the way? Why the rush?".

"I was going to the stables. We are starting to do the renovations for her majesty's arrival in April. I have a lot of work", I let out a deep sight and I look up at Riftan. He didn't look too happy to hear that.

"Why didn't you bring your cloak with you? You know how cold it is outside", he scolded me a little bit like he always does.

I like how Riftan acts like a father to me most of the times, just like sir Hebaron. When he starts scolding me I can't help, but smile at him thinking about what a good father he's going to be to his kids one day. Lady Maximilian is a one lucky lady.

"Yeah, yeah. Don't worry, I'll be okay", I said.

"Go grab your cloak and we'll go to the stables together. I don't have work to do, since we cancelled the trip, so might as well help you a little bit with the renovations", he explained.

"You don't need to do that, Riftan, I'm fine".

"I insist. I know, that you're overworking yourself around my engagement and I feel bad, that I'm putting you through it. So let me help you, okay?", he smiled at me. Oh, I can't say no to this smile. So I agreed on some help.