🤍chapter 1🤍

THERE IS SOMETHING REALLY MELANCHOLIC ABOUT THE WINTER, it gives you that lonely and cold feeling, it gives you a chance to close yourself inside and just think. Think a lot. There are many things I dislike about the winter, but mainly the free time I have, when the snow falls down.

Here in Anatol the winter is always so cold and boring, since once the snow falls we are all staying mostly inside the castle. There's not much work to do and there is not much chores, since the Lord is always absent. This is usually the time, when I start thinking.

Start thinking...

...about Lord Riftan Calypse..

...my king...

...and the love of my life.

Riftan Calypse is a well known and beloved among hundreds. He's the brave knight, who dared to save everyone from the dragon, who's been terrorising us for years. He's well know among the ladies too and they all dream to become sir Riftan's wives. I am one of them.

But don't get me for one of those noble ladies, who dream to have the Lord only, because of his perfect looks and his money. I fell in love with him, because he saved my life.

I'll never forget that day. I'll never allow myself to forget that day. Before the young Lord find me on the streets of Croyso, I was just a orphan running around the streets trying to steal some food to survive. I didn't know my family, I had no friends to relay on. I was all by myself.

I was pushed around and a lot of people were trying to sale me as a slave to the bourgeoisie, a lot of man tried to get between my legs. But I was brave enough to save myself. Or so I thought, before I heard those screams and I saw all the children around me running away.

The moment I raise my eyes I see it. The big black dragon spreading his wings above Croyso ready to attack us. I knew it was impossible to run away from such creature. So I fell on the ground praying to God to save me from it. I was sure I was about to die. But then out of nowhere I heard a sound of sword being pulled out of its case.

I gathered all my courage and open my eyes, and there he was...right in front of me. My Lord and the love of my life-Riftan Calypse. His brown hair blown by the wind, his armour covered in blood, his sword right in front of my eyes. I saw the dragon's head on the ground cut in half and I raised my head meeting the lord's eyes. He was the most beautiful man I've ever seen in my life.

"Are you okay, miss", he bends down and held my hand so gently

"Are you okay, miss", he bends down and held my hand so gently. The skin on his hands was so rough, the blood from the dragon dripping down from them. I put my hand on his palm and it felt so small compared to his. Riftan helps me to get up and gave me his cloak, "this will keep you warm till you get home", he said.

"Very nice of you, my lord, but unfortunately there is no 'home' for me", I bow my head down out of respect, but I feel his green-ish eyes falling on me.