🤍1.2🤍

"I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! HE MUST HAVE LOST HIS MIND!", sir Uslin Rikaido shouted at me, when I told him about the news, while the other knight were pretty calm, "Does he wanna kill us, or something?".

Even tho I don't let anyone say a bad word for my Lord, this time I had to agree. This trip to Livadon might be dangerous during the winter, the conditions are pretty bad for travellers.

The other knights kept it calm and quiet, cause we all know we can't change the Lord's mind, when it comes to knight stuff. Uslin just loved criticising everything.

"Eleanor, you have to talk to him. He'll listen to you", Uslin looked at me and raised his cup to drink from it, but stopped mid way, "I don't know what kind of magic you have, but Riftan listens only to you. Help us out".

"I'm sorry, sir Uslin, but I can't do anything more, than talk to him", I put my head down and I could already imagine the dark, angry eyes Riftan is going to give me, when I try to talk to him about it.

"It's worth trying, right?", sir Gabelle said and continued to eat his dinner.

I guess I can't escape now, can I? I rolled my eyes a little and I stood up from my chair to take my leave from the dining room. I held my dress as I was running around the corridors down to Riftan's room.

I knock on the door and I hear my Lord telling me to enter the room. I opened the door and see Riftan sitting in his bed looking down at his lap. I observed his face and to my surprise he was smiling a little bit. I got shocked, this was the first time I'm seeing him smile in awhile.

Then my eyes move down to his hand, that were holding something

Then my eyes move down to his hand, that were holding something. I see a piece of brown paper and then I recognised the envelope, the print and the writing on the back. My heart almost stopped working. That's my letter.

"S-Sir", I managed to say out loud and Riftan finally looks up at me. His smile never left his face and he puts the letter to the side.

"Eleanor, do you need something?", he asked me and seemed to be in a good mood. The smile really suited his face. He should smile a little bit more.

"I'm here on the behalf of the knights to ask you to cancel the trip to Livadon", I explained and close my eyes, because I didn't want to see his smile disappear and then that scary face of his show up.

"Okay. I will", Riftan said and I immediately opened my eyes in surprise. He was still smiling and looking down at my letter reading it all over again. I can even see a little bit of red on his cheeks. What's going on?

He just agreed to cancel a trip? This never happened before. Not that I'm aware of. I was very confused and then the embarrassment of the fact, that he was reading my letter hit me hard and my face started burning. Oh, Ruth, I will kill you, when I see you.

I tried to play it cool, so I just bow my head and I was ready to take my leave, when I heard Riftan chuckle a little bit. I took a quick look back and he caught me. OH-MY-LORD.

"Look, Eleanor, I got a love letter", Riftan lifts the piece of paper, that I wrote and continued to chuckle sweetly, "too bad she didn't sign her name. Now I don't know who she is".

"O-Oh, that's w-wonderful, my Lord", I said and I felt my body shaking only by the thought of what might've done, if I signed my name.

"I wonder who this mysterious lady is. How I haven't noticed, that someone so close to me is in love with me?", Riftan's smile grew wider and he stood up. Started walking toward me and I started making a step back, until my back hits the door. Riftan came to me and gave me the letter to read it.

I took it in my hands and I pretended to read it, while actually I was panicking so much. Okay, Eleanor, keep it cool. Pretend you don't know anything about it. Don't show yourself. My eyes raise from the letter to my Lord and I see him scratching the back of his head, his cheeks still bright red and the smile...so pure.

"Have you heard someone among the ladies talking about me like that?", he asked me.

"No, sir", it's true. I'm the only dumb one.

"Eleanor, please tell the knights that the trip is cancelled. I have a new personal mission", he turned his back at me and started walking to his bed. I raise my eyebrow.

"May I ask what it is, my Lord?".

"To find the mysterious girl", Riftan sat in his bed and covered his face with his hand. That was my signal to leave.

I put my letter on the night stand next to his bed and slowly began to exit his room. When I was finally out of it I feel on my knees and I cover my face with my hands and I wanted to scream, but I was afraid he'll hear me. RUTH!

I gathered all my courage and I run to the library to find Ruth sleeping there. I walk up to him and grab him by the collar, he wakes up and I shake him aggressively. He asked me repeatedly what happened half asleep.

"What happened? I'm going to tell you what happened, Ruth", I shouted at him and I see his eyes opening even more, "can you explain to me how the letter you were supposed to burn ended up in Riftan's mail?", I asked.

"Oh, that? I put it there", Ruth said absolutely calm and rubbed his eyes to wake up even more. His answer made me even more mad.

"AND WHY DID YOU DO THAT?".

"What's the big deal? You didn't sign it, did you Eleanor?", Ruth looked at me with that stupid smirk and I felt like punching him.

"No, but now Riftan wants to find the mysterious girl, who wrote the letter. If he finds out I'm the mysterious girl I don't know what he might do to me", I explained.

"Does he suspect you?".

"HOW IM SUPPOSE TO KNOW?".

"Okay, geez..calm down, Eleanor, it's going to be okay. He'll forget in no time, when he doesn't find anyone. Plus his engagement is coming, so he got to drop it eventually".

I put Ruth down and I released, that he was right. We know sir Riftan. He won't be interested in the mysterious girl for long, because she won't ever show herself. Plus her majesty is going to come here soon for the engagement. So it's going to be fine, RIGHT?