🤍5.1🤍

Riftan's pov:
WHEN I HEARD HEBARON'S TREAT I WAS SURE HE WASN'T the only one, who decided to leave, so I stormed outside immediately to see all the servants and the knights gathered together. All of my knights were packing their stuff and putting them on their horses. Even Gordon was leaving.

"What's going on here?", I asked them and I put my strongest, most scariest voice. They all look at me and they weren't amused, "where is Eleanor? Why is no one working?".

"Isn't it obvious enough for you, my Lord", Ruth stepped up and I see him wearing his nicest robe on, "we don't wanna live in a kingdom, where our Lord plays with us like we are tools to him. Tools for sex", he explained.

"Where IS Eleanor, Ruth", my eyes fell on his face and then a small figure appeared behind him hiding from me. It was her. I tried to reach out to her and take her hand, but Ruth pushed me back and used his fire magic to make me stay away from her. With a smile on his face.

"Eleanor, let me talk to you", I fell on my knees and I put my hands together

"Eleanor, let me talk to you", I fell on my knees and I put my hands together. I was basically begging her to listen, but she turned her back on me without looking twice, "I DIDN'T MEAN TO DO IT! I ONLY WANTED PEACE".

"Well now you have a war. Congratulations, my Lord, you must be feeling pretty stupid right now", Ruth looked down at me like I was a pathetic worm on the ground, "not only you lost a love, but respect too. Must be awful".

"You all! Please! Gordon!", I got up and I grab the old man by the hand, but he snatched it away from me and got on his horse.

I can't believe this was happening. My life was falling apart in seconds. And this is only my fault...no one else's. They all have the right to be mad at me. I do deserve it. I sit in the ground as my servants were passing by me with their bags and horses. It was painful to watch, so I decided to just not to.

And at that moment the gates of my castle open up as wide as they can and I see Duke Croix and his red haired daughter Maximilian enter my lands with their guards. We all stop to look at them and Duke Croix was on the front line. His horse steps up slowly.

"Lord Riftan Calypse", the Duke said and he looks down to me with not very amused look on his face, "I'm surprised to see you in this position. Why would a Lord sit on the ground, while his servants are around him?", he asked.

"Duke Croix, you're visiting at a very bad time right now", I stood up and I clean my behinds from the dust.

"You said we can visit today, what's the issue now? And why aren't we greeted properly? Are we not welcome here?", he continued asking his stupid questions and I felt like punching him in the throat till he stops breathing.

"You are!", I hear a female voice behind me and I turn around to see Eleanor behind me. She bows down to the Duke and minute after her everyone bows down, "Welcome to Anatol, Duke Croix. It's a pleasure", she said.

Eleanor...I swallowed thickly and I turn to see the Duke's face changing from disappointed to happy. Gordon reached out and helped my future fiancé get off her horse. Maximilian looked as scared as me. I guess she's not up for marriage either.

Eleanor walks past me and offered the Duke to show him and his daughter their rooms, that were probably not prepared yet. Ruth stays quiet and just looks at her. I do too. I can't believe she's helping me after everything i did to her, I thought as I was staring at her sad expression with fake smile on it.

Lady Maximilian walks up to me and gives me her hand. And even tho I catch the hint, I still didn't kiss her hand. I didn't want to show any respect towards her whatsoever. She didn't say anything after I walked past her to go and talk to the Duke. My end goal was peace, not wife.

Ruth's pov:
I watch as Eleanor leads the Duke and his daughter to their rooms. Riftan is just sitting there watching her like she's the most pretty thing on the world. Even tho I wanted to take her as far as I can from him..I admire the fact, that she stayed to help him.

She's in love with him after all. And that's what bothers me so much. Five years ago, when she first came here with him I knew this girl is already in love with Riftan Calypse. It was written all over her face. And even tho I knew that from the start..I still fell in love with her.

No one knows about my feelings for Eleanor, because all I've heard for the past five years was how good of a wife she could be for the Lord and what an amazing queen. But I never saw it, because I don't think he deserves her.

Even now..after multiple mistakes, that he made with her, she still doesn't see me as the better choice. I slowly came in terms with the idea, that I can't have her, but I wish he doesn't have her either. Now..my wish was granted.

His future wife is here and it's obvious Riftan will still continue with this marriage thing, no way he'll say no to a noble lady. I finally have the chance to tell Eleanor how I really feel.

"You're awfully quiet", Hebaron came and stood next to me. He watched Eleanor act like a good servant in front of the Croix too and he was even more disappointed than me.

"What is there to say?", I asked him.

"Nothing, I guess", he chuckled and finally looks at me. He was couple inches taller than me and way more muscular, every time, when he is standing beside me, I feel small. "You know, it's still not late to leave", he said.

"I'm not leaving without her", i didn't want to live a life, in which she's not part of.

"I get it. We all are worried for her", he puts his arm around my neck, "but..if you don't feel happy here...you can leave, Ruth".

"Let me worry about myself".

"Suit yourself then..", he removed his hand and walks away to get to the stables. He had to take care of the horses of the man, who killed his entire family. It's painful to watch.

UNEDITED