Chapter 46

"Even if you knew then about all the extra paperwork and headaches it would bring, you would still make the same deal," Tasha said.

"That's true. I would 100% make the same deal," Alberu agreed.

"When you think about it, did he really make that much more work for you? Wouldn't the multiple terror attacks leading up to the war that then lasts for decades only to end in loss and the destruction of the world have generated far more paperwork and headaches?" Alberu* asked.

"You have a point. He may have generated a lot of paperwork for me, but pretty much all of it was actually a benefit and having everything finished in only 2 years definitely means less paperwork overall," Alberu stated.

"Two years as opposed to 20 years is a lot less paperwork and headaches," Tasha commented.

"Besides, it's probably unfair of me to blame any paperwork or headaches the rest of the group caused on just him, so not all of it was his fault," Albert pointed out.

All individuals in group 5 guilty of having caused paperwork generating commotions suddenly found various areas of the room very fascinating (with the exception of a few who were either quite proud of what they had done or too oblivious to realize that comment was about them).

Chapter 46: Somehow (4)

Cale was about to get in a carriage with the crown prince. The crown prince was asking Cale for a performance until the end. Naturally, the carriage Cale was on was the crown prince's carriage that was urgently brought over to the plaza.

"Mister Cale, please get on first. For today, you deserve this honor."

"Even though I was acting at the time, I really did mean that," Alberu said. "I didn't exactly trust you at that time, but I was very grateful to you for all the lives you saved."

"I knew you actually cared about the lives of your people and that's why I didn't mind making a deal with you," Cale stated. "Things would have been different if it had been your father or brothers pulling the same stunt."

All versions of the mentioned individuals blushed in shame at the muttered comment from the red-headed commander.

The crown prince had a smile on his face that was completely different from his stiff expression from earlier. The crown prince knew that other people were now watching, and needed to keep up the act.

"You weren't wrong there. I did know people were watching at that point, but my smile wasn't the stiff one from before since I was genuinely happy about the survival of all those people," Alberu admitted. "Letting a bit of my actual feelings through right then was helpful."

"True. If your actual feelings are in line with the act you are portraying, there's no harm in letting it show," Alberu* agreed. "Well, at least a little."

"How could I do that? I cannot get on the carriage before you, your highness. You are the star that shines down on citizens like myself."

– ...Human, is your head okay?

"Pfft."

"Hahahaha."

"So funny."

"Burned by his own kid."

"Not surprising the kid thought that way though. I'd have thought something was wrong with him too."

"Yeah, we have the advantage of knowing his thought process here, so we sort of know where he's coming from."

"Not like that completely helps."

"I know what you mean. He's still hard to figure out even knowing what goes on in his head."