Chapter 47

"The timing on that really was perfect. I do kind of wonder if he still would have had that look of disbelief on his face after I asked that question, if Raon hadn't asked his right at the same time or if he would have been able to maintain his usual stoic look," Alberu mumbled to himself.

"He probably would have looked at you like you were stupid instead of in disbelief," Tasha commented after hearing her nephew's quite words.

"True. That does seem like something he would do," Alberu agreed.

Chapter 47: Somehow (5)

Prince Alberu could see that Cale Henituse suddenly had an expression of disbelief as Cale answered back.

"...I am human?"

"Pfft. What's with the question?" Bud* asked.

"I was still shocked at the time," Cale muttered in his defense. Chuckles filled the room at his reply and the red tint to his face.

It was an expression that seemed to be asking why the prince was asking such a stupid question. Alberu subconsciously let out a sigh.

"Sigh. Right, of course you are human."

Cale could see Alberu point at both of them before continuing to speak.

"You and I are both human."

"That just made you more suspicious," Kim Rok Soo* pointed out.

"Right? I mean, it's not something you would have even bothered to mention, if you were human," Kim Rok Soo agreed.

"That's true. Deliberately mentioning that you are human does sort of come across as a bit strange," Cale* agreed.

"I was confused since I could sometimes smell some odd scents not usually associated with humans around him and thought it was coming from Cale," Alberu grumbled.

The Black Dragon spoke into Cale's mind at that moment.

– That is a lie. He is not completely human.

"It wasn't a complete lie. I am still more than half human," Alberu defended himself.

"Still wasn't the whole truth though," Raon pointed out.

Alberu sighed and just accepted Raon's words. As the adult in this situation, it's best if he is not seen as someone who would argue with a child. His princely dignity has already taken a hit from how often he is seen bickering with his dongsaeng and that ridiculously embarrassing moment where the four brats ganged up on him to tease him.

"You are correct. I was not telling the whole truth there," Alberu admitted.

'Little Dragon, can you please stop?'

At Raon's look Cale started speaking.

"The information you shared was always useful in one way or another. I was just complaining to myself since it seemed like it would bring more work my way knowing about it."

He then gave the little dragon a pat on the head (followed by one for the other three sitting with him) and turned back to the screen.

Cale was having a difficult time maintaining his composure. However, a critical weakness existed between Cale and the Black Dragon. The Black Dragon could talk to Cale whenever he wanted to do so, but Cale was unable to talk back to the dragon. It was a one-way communication.

It was his fault for lacking any magic skills.

"Yes and no on that. You didn't originally possess any magic skills as Kim Rok Soo, but having transmigrated into my body, the lack of magic skills could technically be blamed on me," Kim Rok Soo remarked.