Prologue Part 9

'Fuck! He knew this was coming. That mother fucking bastard of a god, never does things himself (at least not 100% on his own). He drags poor innocent souls in to clean up his messes with deals they can't refuse. What choice do they really have? Certain death for you and all those you care about or take the deal and maybe they can live. It's a no brainer really, but that doesn't make it any more pleasant to swallow.'

Kim Rok Soo really, really wants to kill a bastard right now. Or at the very least, he would like to maim him.

"Haaa."

With a sigh, Kim Rok Soo stands up to do as he was asked. He can't get out of it really, so he may as well just get it over with.

"Hello. My name is Kim Rok Soo. I am a regressor and transmigrator."

With those words uttered, he sat back down with a pleased smirk and waited for the chaos to begin.

'Take that you fucker. Like I'll do all the work for you. Have fun dealing with the shit storm that starts.'

"What?"

"Transmigrator?"

"What the hell?"

"I have no idea what's going on anymore!"

"That can't be it! Where's the rest?"

SCREECH

The obnoxious sound cuts off all further comments and questions and any people standing immediately take their seats.

Scritch. Scritch.

"Thank you for that gem of information you provided, but more detail is needed. I am more than willing to leave you all here in limbo indefinitely."

'Fucking bastard.'

"Fine. As I said, my name is Kim Rok Soo, but previously I was Cale Henituse from group 3."

Gasps, murmurs, and exclamations ring out from those in groups 1, 3, and 5.

All eyes look from Kim Rok Soo to Cale* to Cale and then back again.

The members of Team 1 realize what that means. Their team leader is not the same man they have known all these years. They aren't sure how to feel about that. When they stop and really think about it though, they realize it doesn't bother them too much. From the reactions of those in group 5, it seems like their team leader is well loved. That makes them happy. He deserves to be happy and loved. When they think about the man that replaced him, they realize they have come to care for him too. Like the words on the screen said earlier, they now have two team leaders.

Those in group 5 with sharper minds start to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

To those that have only known Cale for the last couple years, the news that he is not the original Cale, doesn't really shake them up much. It's surprising, sure but it's not going to change how they think of the young man that did so much to save them.

•••••

Ron is conflicted. He cares about Cale and if he is truly being honest with himself, he loves him like another son. But now he finds out that the puppy young master he has served all the time changed to a completely different person and he didn't notice.

He noticed the change, he'd have to be blind, deaf, and stupid to have missed the change in Cale, but he had just assumed at first that Cale had figured out what he was. He thought his puppy young master was just frightened of him and his reactions were just too amusing to let go of.

Then he caught the scent of Arm and decided it was time to leave. He wouldn't bring that danger into the house of those that had taken his son and him in. He owed them at least that much.