Chapter 33

"I know I could have called you and trusted you to keep my secrets, Miss Cage. I just prefered to have no one else knowing what I was going to tell Choi Han," Cale said to Cage.

"It's fine. You called for me when it really mattered," Cage said happily.

Chapter 33: You... (8)

Nobody seemed to find it odd that Cale suddenly wanted to head out. Ron seemed to have gone somewhere as well, as he was nowhere to be found.

"You went looking for traces of Arm, didn't you?" Ron* asked.

"That is correct," Ron replied. "If I hadn't been so rusty, perhaps I would have managed to figure out what was going on and been of more use to the young master."

The only question Hans had for Cale was about where Cale was going.

'Young master, where are you going?'
'Don't worry about it.'
'Yes, sir! But since this is your first day in the capital, can you please return without breaking any alcohol bottles today?'
'...Are you really going to keep getting out of line like this?'
'Not at all. Please be safe, young master.'

"Are you sure you wanted to keep your job?" Hans* asked his counterpart.

"Of course I do. Young master Cale seemed to be more at ease with someone that wasn't overly respectful to him, so I decided to be less formal and uptight around him," Hans explained.

"I see," Hans* muttered with a contemplative look on his face and a brief glance at Cale*.

Cale got on the carriage and started to think about how to deal with Hans, who kept stepping out of line.

"Pfft. Are you sure he actually liked that?" Park Jin Tae* said with a laugh.

"I...I guess I may have been mistaken. I apologize for my behavior, young master," Hans told Cale with a bow.

"It's fine. I didn't dislike it and found it entertaining to think of ways to get back at you for the impudence," Cale replied with a grin.

"......I see. I'm glad to have been of service to you, young master," Hans replied with a slightly iffy look on his face.

The carriage arrived at the temple while he was thinking.

"Let's get off."
"Got it."

Cale got up to step out of the carriage. Choi Han had been quiet ever since they got on the carriage, no, since they stepped out of Cale's room. He seemed to have a lot of complicated emotions storming through his head right now.

"From what I remember of that moment, I did have a lot of complicated emotions I was trying to work through. Overall though, I did still trust you Cale-nim. I just really wanted to know what you knew about that organization, so I could get revenge," Choi Han stated.

Cale only knew about Choi Han's personality until the fifth volume of, 'The Birth of a Hero.' However, there was one thing that Cale was sure about. Although Choi Han was a good person, he was not gullible. He was very smart.

Happy puppy Choi Han perked up at the compliment to his intelligence. Choi Han* and Choi Han^ also sat a little taller at Cale's compliment to them.

'If I tried to give an unbelievable excuse, he may believe me at first, but will definitely doubt me later.'

"That's true. Sometimes the information or ridiculous actions you would just suddenly pop up with were completely unbelievable even though I knew it was the truth," Alberu agreed.