Chapter 40

'Why would he think I'm terrifying with all these vicious, strong individuals around me?'

"Why am I terrifying?" Cale asked Bud* in confusion.

"You have secrets most people would kill someone to get a hold of literally just coming to you all on their own," Bud* answered.

"It's not like I even wanted to know them," Cale muttered.

"And that makes it even more terrifying," Bud* added.

"We did say his information network was the best on two continents," Alberu pointed out. "My dongsaeng was usually the first to know about pretty much everything and on the rare occasions we knew something before him, he would still manage to figure out what we were going to tell him before we had even finished telling him."

"Like I said, terrifying," Bud* said again.

"It kind of is. I thought so too. I have the entire Mercenary's Guild at my beck and call to gather information for me and he would usually still figure things out before I could," Bud stated.

Chapter 40: Don't Know, I Don't Know (1)

"I've been thinking about this for a while, but it seems like this whole thing is also done like a novel since there are chapters," Fredo said. "Who do you think wrote this one?"

"It was probably the God of Death this time since it seems to be a bit more accurate with the thoughts of everyone involved," Cage answered. "I would think an actual god is able to get it right more than a minion would."

"That's probably true," Alberu commented. "Either way, it most likely wasn't Choi Jung Gun since we all know by now that he has issues with accuracy."

Cale gently smiled at the prince, and started to think.

'Don't know. I don't know.'

"Pfft. Seems like the chapter titles come from young master Cale a lot of the time too," Bud* said with a laugh.

"His inner thoughts are pretty funny quite often and do make for amusing titles," Bud added.

"We can probably expect them to get really ridiculous later on then with all the shit he tends to pull," Hannah mentioned.

"True. Some of the chaos he has caused will be talked about for centuries," Rosalyn remarked.

"Cale-nim's legend will live forever!!" Clopeh shouted.

"Actually, he probably isn't wrong there. Some of that is definitely going to make the history books," Archie pointed out.

"NO!!! Nope! Not going to happen!! I didn't do anything that needs to be recorded in history!!" Cale insisted emphatically.

"Haaaaaa......Son, as I said before, you have destroyed the Henituse family motto of there being no need to be recorded in history. It's too late for you to regret it now or change it, you will be recorded in history," Deruth said with a sigh.

The absolutely horrified look on Cale's face had everyone laughing at his misery. He brought it on himself after all, so there's no reason for them to feel bad about enjoying it.

"Unlucky bastard," Eruhaben mumbled.

The Black Dragon kept on dragging on about asking why a dragon would ever use its magic for such an useless man and how he would never do such a thing, but Cale tried his best to not listen.

"Ah, that was before we got to know you. You aren't useless and I know that now," Raon said to Alberu.

"That's alright, Raon. You are allowed to think whatever you want about someone and first impressions are often wrong, so don't worry about it. Besides, I was kind of useless then. Your father helped me change that though," Alberu stated.