Love confessions

Natsu's POV

I unlocked the bathroom door to see Lucy standing there waiting for me. She started to walk away. I coughed for a second and then followed her.

When we reached my sofa we both sat down and faced each other.

I looked into her brown eyes. Lucy was the most beautiful girl I had ever met. The first time I caught a glimpse of her I knew she was the one for me. I remember that day like it was yesterday.

Happy still laughs to this day about how speechless I was when I saw her. But sadly even now, after over a year of being best friends I still can't find the courage to confess.

Her blonde hair was flowing freely and she had a faint smile on her face.

"We need to talk" she said to me. I nodded.

"I agree that we do" I said to her. Her angelic face was looking at me intensely. Searching for something.

I coughed again but I didn't care weather I was sick or healthy. Whenever Lucy was concerned, I didn't care about anything else.

"Since you have been sick some..." she paused for a second and though of the right word "...strange things have been happening between us. I'm not sure if you have noticed for not"

"I have noticed" I replied to her. I hadn't known what to do when she had walked into my house with Mira when I had first gotten sick. But now it seemed like I did.

"I think it first started when you said that you were much better now that I was here" she said. A blush started to appear at her cheeks. I smiled as I remembered the cute memory.

"Then some other stuff happened, Lisanna came, you kissed me at one point and then I wrote that list, which by the way you were not meant to read and I am regretting it now"

I smiled at her. I was feeling so much better now. I still had a cough but I felt a lot healthier.

"Mira asked me how I felt about you when she was here" she said "and the truth was I couldn't give a straight answer. I always thought you were just my best friend but then you saved me time after time and I started to fall in love with you" she gasped and smacked her hands to her face.

"I didn't mean to say that, just ignore me I'm babbling. Forget I even said anything" she turned away quickly. Her face redder than a tomato.

I looked at her in shock. I can't believe she confessed. I can't believe she feels the same way I feel about her.

"Lucy" I whisper. She doesn't turn her head to look at me. Instead her eyes are fixed on a spot on the floor of my house. refusing to look in my direction.

I stood up and then walked and crouched in front of her. She looked straight into my eyes.

"Im not going to forget this day" I told her truthfully.

She looked at me shocked "why not?".

"Because I want to remember this day forever" I said to her. Truth in every word I said.

She gasped "but why Natsu?"

"Because I love you too Lucy and I have ever since we first met" I confessed to her. I had finally done it.

"Natsu" she whispered my name. I leaned in forwards. Nearly closing the gap between our lips.

Nearly.

When I was a centimeter away from her lips she let out weak cough. I stopped in my tracks.

Was she sick?

........

Hello

So what do you think?

Should Lucy be sick and I just continue writing about how Natsu then looks after her like he promised or should I finish the story in the next chapter or two.

Thank you for all the votes an comments.

Cheerio
Rowanlovesblue