34. Finally!!

Whole night I was wide awake tossing and turning in the bed, thinking of what to do and what not. I should have heard his side of the story before making a decision. Life is never difficult it's us who makes it difficult and that's what I do. I was impatient and that impatience caused me such pain just not only me but also Aaron and Carlos. Now because of one decision their life's will also be destroyed and their relation.

"Alzena what have you done?"  I cursed myself for taking such drastic step. I am going to hate myself for my whole life. What should I do if I don't marry today with Carlos then Aaron will be hurt and I can't live without him. On the other hand I can't leave Carlos for second time. He was very clear with his feelings since the beginning. Angry tears fell from my eyes, I was frustrated, scared, hurt and what not.

My aunt came in my room with two ladies who are our town stylists.

"Come on wake up and take a bath, we have not much time. Hurry up" she said pulling me towards the bathroom. I so wanted to say no but I couldn't open my mouth, haven't I done enough. I think this is my fate, back to where I started. I think Carlos is the one who Is my destiny and you can't run from your destiny.

I bathed and came back to find those two stylists waiting for me. They sat me down on the chair and start working on my hair and face. I let them do whatever they want with me.

"Here I brought some breakfast for you" aunt said and I declined her saying I am not feeling hungry.

After three long hours I was standing in front of the mirror looking at the girl who destroyed her happiness with her own hands. I am the one responsible for my condition not any one else. I look beautiful but does it matter.

"Wow sissy, you look like a princess" Max came and looked at me. I scoffed at the word princess, i have heard this word since I was born and that word got to my head. I start thinking myself as a real princess but then life brought me down to the ground. You are not a princess in the eyes of others it's just your family who considers you one so never let that get to your head. For others you are a nobody, I understand that very late in my life. I was always protected by my family from the harsh realities of life and now what that cost me.

"Let's go" he said and we went outside.

"Are you happy?" He asked me once we were downstairs.

"I don't know Max" I sighed.

"You know I can help you run away" he winked but I couldn't make myself to smile. This wasn't a joke, I so wanted to run away but I can't do this with Carlos. And what about Aaron, huh? My inner voice asked me.

Grandpa was waiting for me at the door, he was dressed in a three piece suit and I smiled at him. He looked so happy, at least someone is happy.

"My babygirl looks so beautiful today" he said.

"Let's go" he said and I held his arm as we walked towards the backyard where the Ceremony is going to take place. It was decorated with colorful flowers, so beautiful straight-up from the fairytale. My aunt really out done today. Everyone was gathered around and were sitting in the chairs once they saw us they all stood up. I walked down the aisle with grandpa besides me. I still have my one arm in sling, I saw Carlos standing there on the stage with his father and mother. Rachel looked at me and then glanced away. I know she isn't happy with my decision. Once I reach near Carlos he gave me his hand and pulled me on the stage in front of him. I couldn't look in his eyes as I look on the ground. That's it! I am sorry Aaron, I love you! I said to myself.

As priest was about to start the ceremony Carlos stopped him and everyone looked at him surprised. I also looked back at him with confusion.

"Alzena do you really want to marry me?" He asked me.

"Carlos you.." I said.

"Tell me" he said in a serious tone so I just nod not meeting his gaze. Yes I want to marry him so that he won't be hurt.

"Do you love me?" He asked and I looked at him with surprise.

"What?" I whispered.

"You heard me, and please don't lie" he said.

"Carlos I... I respect you" I said.

"But you don't love me" he finished for me. I didn't said anything after that just silently crying looking down on the ground.

"They why are you doing this?" He asked me softly.

"Because I don't want to hurt you once again" I croaked out. He grips my chin and raised my head so that I can look in his eyes.

"Do you think by marrying me when you don't love me won't hurt me?" He said.

"I can see it in your eyes, you love him. You love Aaron" he smiled sadly.

"Can you live without him for your whole life?" He asked me, and I shook my head no.

"Then why are you doing this" he said.

"You love Aaron and Aaron loves you, you were never mine." He said.

"I am sorry Carlos" I said and he shake his head with a smile.

"No crazy girl what are you sorry for? For not loving me? Loving someone is not in our control, me of all people know this very well" he said and then he looked at the entrance and smiled.

"There is your groom" he said and followed his gaze to see Aaron standing there in a tuxedo looking as handsome as ever. He was smiling at me and then he came towards me.

He bent on his knee once he was infront of me, he pulled out the ring that he bought for me.

"Alzena when you came in my life I was confused, I didn't wanted to fall in love. I was scared to fell in love and being hurt at the end. But you made me fell head over heels for you in a short span of time and I can't imagine living a life without you. Please baby don't ever leave me again. I love you, I have always loved you." He said with a glint of happiness and I looked around as everyone was looking at us with anticipation.

"So my little Lioness I can't promise you that I won't make a mistake ever again but I can promise you that once I realize my mistake I will be the first one to apologise. I promise you I will always be there for you and I will always love you till death do us apart. So Alzena Lockwood would you marry me?" He asked with a boyish grin on his face, I looked at my grandpa and Max as they both nod at me. I looked at Carlos and he gave me soft smile and that was it for me.

"Yes" I said and he slid the ring on my ring finger.

"I love you too" I said as he hugged me careful not to hurt my arm.

And that was my happily ever after which I never thought would happen but life has its ways of teaching us and its on us whether we Learn the lesson or keep making that mistakes again and again.

The end...😭