20. just a friend!

These days I am the most happiest person in this whole world, I am living my best life after that incident with the dog Aaron is being so caring towards me, his every action is just so urghh I don't know how to explain!. I am loosing myself I am getting so habitual of him being around that when he is away I would impatiently wait for him and he when he would come back I will spend most of my day with him in his studio. He hasn't complained yet so I am assuming he also likes spending time with me.

He has also taken me out few times we have seen so many different places. I am enjoying living in the city so far. I talk with Max occasionally but I am not planning on going back anytime soon. Lily also comes by often and we have officially become best friends. I also have met her mother the one time when she invited me at her home. Her mother is a very pretty and kind lady, she has also become my friend, her name is Flora, Mason's sister.

I can't believe two months have passed me being away from my home and I don't miss it may be a little but not too much.

"Where are you going?" I asked Aaron as he was going out. I was currently in kitchen having my breakfast, I woke up late today as I was in studio room with Aaron. He asked me to play for him for his song, I was skeptical at first but then he convinced me and now I am going to play violen for his song and at night I finally recorded it and it's done now. He told me that he likes it when I play violen.

"Some work" he told me.

"Oh! When will you be back" I asked hopefully.

"I don't know Alzena" he sighed, he looked tired.

"Okay but please don't be too late" I smiled at him but he didn't smiled back at me as he always did. He turned around and went away. I stood their confused for a moment not sure what just happened.

"Did I do something wrong or it's just that he is tired?" I questioned myself.

"Sweetie don't worry he is just tired, come and finish your breakfast" Rosie came beside me and pulled me towards kitchen which I complied. After finishing my breakfast I spend most of my day watching movies, when it was 8 pm I went out and sat in the living room waiting for Aaron. He isn't back yet! It's getting too late.

"Dinner's ready Zena" Anna said stepping inside.

"I will wait for Aaron, he will be here any moment now" I told her.

"Okay" she said and patted my head lovingly before going out.

I waited for an hour more when I heard his car and then some voices, it was Aaron's and ... a girl. They were laughing over something. I stood at the doorway of living room and then I saw him and a beautiful, tall girl about his age. She had her hand around his arm and they were talking and laughing. At that moment I felt a very strong emotion that I have never felt before jealousy and hatred towards that specific blond girl. Her gaze fell on me and she gave me a small smile.

"Who is that?" She asked Aaaron who then only saw me.

"She is Alzena uh a friend" he said and I felt a little ache in my heart, just a friend and he look like he didn't want to introduce me to that girl.

"Oh Hello Alzena you have a beautiful name just like yourself" she pulled her hand towards me for a handshake which I took reluctantly.

"I am Carol by the way, I am Aaron's best friend since childhood" she introduced herself. I couldn't even muster a smile, I have never felt this way before. I feel like I am nothing infront of this beautiful girl. She was dressed elegantly in a beautiful dress which must cost a fortune.

"Hello Carol! how are you?" Rosie came and greeted Carol, Ofcourse she also knows her.

"I am good Rosie how are you?"She greeted her back with her sweet smile which seems to plaster on her face permanently. On the other hand I am sure I am scowling and by the look on my face everyone can tell that I don't like this girl. I have been told multiple times that I am very expressive and my face gives away my emotions.

"Dinner's ready" Rosie said after a small chitchat with her

"Thank you Rosie but we had dinner outside, you know that whenever I am back we always go to our favorite restaurant" she said and all this time Aaron was quiet, he wasn't even looking at me.

"But I want your special coffee, we will be in Aaron's room" she said and then they both went upstairs. I felt angry tears ran down my cheek but I wiped them away.

"Come sweetie have your dinner, you haven't eaten anything since lunch" Rosie said.

"No I am not hungry" my voice cracked at the end. I didn't wait for her to say anything else as I ran upstairs towards my room. As I came infront of my room I can hear their voices and laughs. I went inside my room shutting the door with a loud thud behind me. A painful silence engulfed me and I start bawling out. I don't even know why am I crying. I laid on my bed face front, he completely ignored me, I have never been ignored by anyone in my life and HE .. how could he? I thought we are good and I thought that he... likes me too but today...!

I cried all night and don't know when I succumb to sleep. When I wake up in the morning it was 10 and my eyes were red. I felt so pathetic crying over something that I don't even know. I showered and dresses in to a casual dress. Then I went downstairs hoping not to see that girl ever again but my wish was short lived as I heard her voices from the kitchen. I went inside and saw her sitting with Aaron as they were having breakfast.

"Good morning Zena, breakfast ready" Anna chirped happily, I gave her a small smile. There is nothing good about this morning, I am already feeling grumpy. I sat down across them.

"Good morning Zena" carol greeted with a smile and I glared at her.

"My name is Alzena only few close people can call me that" I told her and she looked taken aback for a moment.

"Sorry my bad" she apologized.

"Alzena behave she is my friend" Aaron said sternly but I ignored him completely focusing my attention on my breakfast.

"How old are you?" She started again. I rolled my eyes.

"18" I said.

"I am 22 same age as Aaron's" she said as if implying something, I want to strangle her.

"I heard Aaron's new song in which you played violen, I must say you are very talented" she praised, I felt a little good but not too much if it was someone else in her place I would be beaming with happiness.

"Thanks" I said nonchalantly.

"What's wrong with you?" Aaron said to me.

"Nothing" I retort back with frustration.

"I am warning you last time behave yourself or.." He warned and I felt my blood boil.

"Or what?" I glared at him standing up.

"Throw me out of this house? Well go ahead" I yelled at him and his face soften when he saw tears in my eyes.

"I didn't say that" he said softly.

"I don't want to talk to you" I said and ran towards my room to lock myself in for the whole day.

After a lot of crying my phone rings, I saw it was Stephanie.

"Where are you?" She screeched once I picked up.

"In the city" I told her.

"And you didn't tell me?" She said.

"I thought you would be busy in your studies and I didn't want to disturb you.." I said.

"Shut up and send me your location I will pick you up at 5. We are partying and I am going to show you city life" she said and hanged up. I sighed and then a little smile came on my face. Why didn't I called her sooner?