Day 1

Atlanta Midtown Hospital

"come on guys, settle" Hazel told her students "Britney, Uh Uh"

"yes Miss Hazel" Britney handed Hazel a bag of skittles

"all right, everybody remember we are here to make sick people feel better. so behave yourselves" Hazel said "Samuel are you allowed to do that at home?"

"no" Samuel said taking his  feet off the chair

"ok we're getting of here, I want you guys to stick together and wait for me" Hazel said as her 5th grade students rushed off the bus. "are you sure you don't want to join us?" Hazel asked Sean, the bus driver.

"Thanks Miss Levesque but I have plans with my girlfriend" Sean chuckled softly

"please its Hazel. also your girlfriend most be one lucky woman" Hazel laughed

"you have a good one. Miss Hazel" Sean joked

Hazel laughed "you too Mr Sean" she got off the bus and sighed her students were outside. "what did I say about waiting?" Hazel asked firmly upon finding her students in the lobby crowded around an old man and a cage of rats.

"why are they bringing rats here?" Thomas asked

"they help doctors fight diseases" the old man said to the students

"so they're lab rats?" Britney asked

"yes of course" the old man said

"hey enough with the rats let's go" Hazel said getting her students attention "Samuel don't make me yell"

"sorry mom" Samuel went to go follow the others

<~~~>

Isolation wing

Rita coughed harshly in the isolation room. Will stood on the other side of the glass separating them.

"do you understand the precautions we need to take, Dr. Sanders?" Will asked

"yea I got it" Rita sniffled

"tell me one more time"

Rita inhaled deeply "uh I had just started rounds. the first patient was moved to radiology before I saw her, the second was asleep we had no contact, the third was the Syrian kid. there was no exposure too fluids, Dr. Solace. no high risk contact"

"are you certain?" Will asked firmly

"yes" Rita sneezed "when I went to look for him was gone. I found him, tried to convince him to stay for observation. he didn't speak much English, his friend said he wanted to go home. the address in on the chart.... the chart" Rita took the pen out of her pocket, it was the one the Syrian kid used and Rita had touched it after. she and Will looked at each other, knowing this was how Rita got sick.

<~~~>

Annabeth's apartment

Annabeth sighed and set the roll of tape on the coffee table. she turned her head at the sound of the door opening.

"Annabeth, hey honey. I'm sorry. got held up with the coffee and the van we got" Percy said handing Annabeth the coffee and sitting next to her on the couch.

"Mm Thank you" Annabeth took a sip

Percy looked at Annabeth a bit concerned "hey are you coming down with something? uh... not again"

"I'm fine Percy" Annabeth insisted

"no you're not fine. you're having one of your things, your moments"