21. Surrender

And this is not exactly how Abhimanyu had planned to reveal his feelings to her

And this is not exactly how Abhimanyu had planned to reveal his feelings to her. He wanted to make that moment so special, so magical.......just like how it is in desi bollywood romantic movies.

Not like this, where Akshara would be crying uncontrollably in his arms and he would be helplessly watching her. He waited so much for that one special moment where he would let her know what he feels for her. He wanted to see a huge smile on her face. He wanted to see her blushing adorably after his confession.......but never even in his wildest dreams did he imagined that he would be confessing his love to her when she would be going through a mental breakdown.

But life is unpredictable and unplanned afterall.

Half an hour passed, and she still continued to cry while tightly holding on to him. She feared that if she would let go of him, he would disappear just like before and she would be left all alone again.. And she didn't wanted that.... especially not after knowing that he loves her too.

"Please don't leave me again", she murmured in between her sniffles and wrapped her arms around his neck securely, burrying her face in his chest and wetting his shirt with her tears. Her fever has subsided but her body was still shivering constantly under its effect.

Abhimanyu didn't respond to her request, because he didn't want to make any other fake promise since he knew the reality........the reality where he was the reason for her grief and sorrow related to her brother and therefore this moment of confession that was supposed to be the most beautiful moment of his life was filled with anxiety and guilt in his harsh reality.

He was continuously having a look at her face, trying to capture the serenity and love that her eyes held for him in order to cherish this as probably the last memory that he was sharing with her.

Because he knew that they were not meant to be together as their past and their destiny seemed to be completely against their happiness.

He knew that her eyes that just stared at him with hope and affection would soon be looking at him with hatred and disgust after knowing what he had snatched from her. He was physically incapable of handling her hatred and that is why he avoided meeting her until now.

But her condition wasn't letting him confess the truth.....maybe he was a selfish man who still wanted to steal few more moments with her before ending it all with that one truth that would change their lives. But the more time he was spending with her by hiding the fact, the more he felt like a sinner.

"Now stop crying Akshara. Just look at your state", he stated softly while cupping her face and wiping off her tears again. Although her fever has subsided, but she was running out of breath due to her sudden outburst and weakness and her miserable condition was troubling him.

But stopping it wasn't in her control either..........Her years long feelings that were suppressed somewhere just continued to erupt through her tears again and again and she wasn't able to cope with it. She shook her head in no, expressing her inability to stop herself and he placed a soft kiss on her forehead.