2. Awkward

The Goenka's used to have fame and status equal to that of the Birla's

The Goenka's used to have fame and status equal to that of the Birla's. However, since the last 5 years, this top businessman family was facing severe issues in the market competition. Their competitors tried various selfish measures to bring their reputation down in a bad light and unfortunately, they succeeded.

Now, even though Goenka's were still belonging to the rich and elite class, but they had lost their reputation, fame and status.

Still......the Birla's believed in values more than the "status". Manjiri and Mahima did gathered information about this family in the last few days and they were impressed with the traditions and love this family shared so they went forward with their son's rishta for the Goenka's daughter.

Abhimanyu's family reached the Goenka's Vila and received a warm welcome from them. Suhasini, the eldest member of the Goenka family greeted them happily along Manish and Swarna (her beta and bahu) and requested them to come inside. Drinks and snacks were served and in the meanwhile, they introduced the Birla family to Akhil and Surekha- brother and sister in law of Manish Goenka, to Vansh- the eldest son and to Arohi- the youngest daughter of the family.

Vansh and Arohi folded their hands before them, greeting them politely with huge grins on their faces.

"Kaafi pariwarik mahaul hai" Neil whispered to Parth, who chuckled slightly.Abhimanyu touched Suhasini (Dadi's) feet and she smiled blessing him.

"Haye.....kitna pyaara ladka hai. Bilkul hero jaisa. Nazar na Lage. Thu thu thu" Dadi spoke out loud, embarrassing Abhi while both the families laughed.

"Achcha.......but where is the most important person we are here for? Where is Akshara", Manjiri asked getting impatient. "She is just coming", Swarna assured her and signalled Arohi to bring Akshara downstairs.

Arohi nodded and went to her room. Abhimanyu was getting restless now. Too many giggles of the family members, everyone looking at him with admiration and mischief in their eyes, waiting for his reaction after seeing Akshara while he just wanted to tell her the truth and cancel the rishta, then go back home and relax.

"Here she is.....", Manjiri, who was seated next to Abhimanyu exclaimed in happiness. "Look at her Abhi.....she is beautiful", she slowly whispered to him.

Abhimanyu looked up and saw the sisters descending the stairs, and there she was......Akshara Goenka, coming down with Arohi in a plain lavender salvar suit looking heavenly gorgeous.

Suddenly, the entire environment seemed to have changed, there was complete silence in the room now. Parth and Shefali exchanged glances, praising Akshara with just their smiles, Mahima and Anand too adored her in quietly, while the Goenka's looked at her with moist eyes as their daughter came and stood next to them.

Akshara smiled softly at everyone. "Namaste", she said and broke the silence. Manjiri stood up and hugged Akshara. "Swarna ji, your granddaughter is so pretty", she said.