10. Trapped

Akshay right?", Abhimanyu asked as soon as she picked his call

Akshay right?", Abhimanyu asked as soon as she picked his call. He saw her message and concern overpowered his anger for that moment that he immediately ended up calling her.

"Tumhe kaise pata? Are you....."

"Yes, that idiot invited my family too", he answered before she could complete her obvious question. He heard Akshara taking a sigh of relief on the other side.

"So you are coming right?", she asked hopefully waiting for his yes. Even just the fact that he too was invited at the function and so there was a probability that he would be around her this entire time was very satisfying for her.

"Ab tak plan nahi tha.....but I'll come now, so don't worry", he firmly replied assuring her.

"Yayyyy.....Thank you so much Abhi!!!! Thank you so so much!!!!!", he heard her cheerfully screaming from the other side as she felt genuinely encouraged by his answer and he smiled instantly. But the highlight for him was something else......it was the fact that she had called him "Abhi" for the first time and his name just felt so much more beautiful in her voice. No one in his entire family could call him Abhi except his mother, but Akshara did today for the first time, and his day just couldn't have been better.

"Oh sorry......I meant Abhimanyu", she bit her tongue as she corrected herself once she realised how she had spelled his name in overexcitement and his smile dropped immediately hearing this.

"No why.....", he tried interrupting her. The amount of content he felt with the way she called him "Abhi", the same amount of dismay he was feeling now because she addressed him with his full name. It felt formal to him now, and the way she called him "Abhi" in her happy cheerful voice, he was already feeling addicted to it. He wanted to hear this again and again........that too, only from her.

"You can call me Abhi if you want to....I won't mind, it's fine with me", he answered trying to act very casual, but still emphasised on his point wishing that she would agree. There was a moment of silence between them while he held his breath waiting for her answer as if it was a matter of life and death for him.

"Hmm.....okay then, I'll call you Abhi only", she said softly and he released a sigh of relief while blushing hard on his end. He was grinning like an idiot at her reply since it was a moment worth cherishing for him.

"Vaise bhi.... Abhimanyu is a veryyyyy long name. It feels like I have entered the Mahabharat Era", she dramatically joked and ended up laughing herself. He could hear her clear giggles through the call and he bit his lip, trying to control his wide smiles because his cheeks were already hurting as he was smiling and blushing continuously throughout this phone call.

"Akshara....", he said, bringing her focus back on the main topic. "Just try to stay away from him tomorrow as much as possible. I am damn sure, it's all planned, he might do something insane and you need to stay alert......I'll handle the rest so don't worry", he informed her in a soft voice which was laced with concern, yet it seemed very assuring to her.