1. That Girl

Bhai!!!!

Bhai!!!!.....jaldi karo na. It's getting late now", Neil complained in a frustrated tone.
"Abhi......how much more time beta?" Manjiri's question came from downstairs. "See, told you!" Neil again complained but only received a heavy sigh from Abhimanyu in return.

"I am hurrying......", Abhimanyu stated in a lethargic tone while buttoning his shirt and setting his hair. "Why are you wearing such a dull outfit though bhai?", Neil questioned. Abhimanyu rolled his eyes. His younger brother was such a talkative soul, but Abhimanyu liked peace. He liked to stay alone and listen to the sound of silence.

"You know, you used to wear better clothes when you went to the hospital daily. Come on bhai, we are going for your Rishta with the Goenka's daughter. If you won't create a good impression, then she will reject you in one go!", Neil teased him but noticed a small smirk on Abhimanyu's face.

"That's what I want", Abhimanyu said meeting the gaze of his brother. "She needs to reject me before I do. You know I don't want this marriage and-"....... Abhimanyu's words were cut in midway by his brothers dramatic voice.

"No ways Bhai.....don't tell me that you are still after that girl. Please, get over her. You don't even know who she was. You haven't even-", this time Neil was interrupted while completing his sentence by a knock on the door. It was Manjiri there. She came inside and looked at the two of them.

"Are you ready Abhi?" She asked in a polite yet tired tone. Abhimanyu smiled and nodded slowly, cheering her up. Neil wanted to alert Manjiri regarding what was cooking in Abhimanyu's head but couldn't, seeing the smile on their mother's face. He decided to stay quiet and passed Abhimayu a disappointed look before storming out of the room.

Abhimanyu Birla, the Heartbreaker! He has already rejected many prospective girls for marriage before, that too, without even meeting them. However, with every continuous rejection, Manjiri's tension for her elder son's future grew and when it comes to marriage of their children, Indian mothers turn dramatic enough to put the Indian Television Serials to shame.

So after many days of melodrama, Manjiri finally made Abhimayu agree for one more Rishta. But little did she knew that he was again going to reject the girl.

It would have been easier for Abhimayu if he had to meet this girl in some cafe alone where he could easily explain his situation and end the chapter but Manjiri was very traditional. She wanted to make the entire Birla family go and meet the Goenkas, making it a little difficult for Abhimayu to carry on with his plan.

Anyways, what could be done when the Heartbreaker was ready to break another heart. He had to cancel this yet another potential Rishta for him at any cost. But why? For whom? Well...... The answer was already guessed by Neil. It was "That Girl"

That Girl, about whom, Abhimayu knew nothing.......that girl, who herself might not be having the slightest idea as how much she affected this charming man. Who is she? Where is she? What is her name?........ Abhimanyu had no idea. Oh forget this, he haven't even seen her face as of yet!!! Still, he felt this unwavering connection with her. Insane!!! Isn't it? But we cannot expect anything sane from Abhimayu Birla. He is one of a kind after all.

Walking down the stairs with Manjiri, he saw his entire family gathered in the hall. His Bhaiya and Bhabhi- Parth and Shefali, his uncle and aunt- Anand and Mahima and his younger brother- Neil.
His father, Mr Harshvardhan Birla was in Mumbai to attend some important seminar. Since the last one month, he was unfortunately busy with lots of events and had no time to be at home, but he trusted his wife Manjiri to make the right choices for their son, and so he wasn't worried that he couldn't make it to his family at this moment.

Abhimanyu smiled at them and they cheered for him. They all were happy that he was finally ready to meet a girl for the first time instead of rejecting the Rishtas on phone itself.
"You know you all are making it awkward for me", Abhimanyu stated after witnessing their cheers and everyone broke into laughter.

"We are sorry beta, but the girl is so beautiful, I can't wait for you to meet her. You'll definitely like her" Mahima teased him and others joined.

Abhimanyu faked a smile. Who cared how beautiful she would be, when he was already feeling attached to a complete stranger. The connection his heart made immediately with "that girl" after hearing her melodious voice......HER VOICE, yes!!! that's the only thing he knew about her. He could recognise that voice among the noises of thousand people. Her voice was a mix of purity and pain, love and sadness, which striked the strings of his heart with her rhythm. And now, there was no going back. No beautiful face was capable enough to give him the relief that her voice gave him. He was sure, he was firm, he knew it!!

Soon, two cars left with the Birla members to the Goenka Villa. Neil kept faking a smile while Manjiri and Shefali kept talking about the Goenka's daughter and meanwhile, Abhimanyu remained silent throughout.

Woh kehte haina- "man proposes and God disposes". Abhimanyu had his own plans, but God was watching silently with a sarcastic smile, coz only the Almighty knew where Abhimanyu's fate was taking him.

___________________________________________

Hello peeps!!! How was it? Was it boring? I hope so not. Even if it was, next chapter is surely gonna be more interesting. Your reviews would encourage me a lot so please do give your valuable feedback and vote if you liked the story.
Thank you! Have a lovely day❤️