9. Abhimanyu is in Love

Does it ever happen with you? When you imagine that one special moment of your life with thousand possible scenarios regarding how you'll react when that moment turns out to be true

Does it ever happen with you? When you imagine that one special moment of your life with thousand possible scenarios regarding how you'll react when that moment turns out to be true......but when that occassion actually arrived, did you reacted that same way like you thought you would?

Because Abhimanyu didn't.

He stood there. Numb. His eyes were fixed on her and he didn't even blink for once. His lips were parted slightly in astonishment but he was still very quiet. The only thing making noise in that moment was her voice, the melodious voice that was still continuously echoing in his ears......it was her, it was surely her.

The voice that saved him, it was her.
The girl he fell in love with, without even knowing who she was, it was her.
The girl he was looking for since so long, it was her.

It was Akshara- The girl who stood right infront of him, with her innocent childlike face, staring back at him in utter confusion.

"Kya hua, gaana achcha nahi laga?", she asked after getting no response from him. He still stood there speechless. What should he say? How should he tell her about what this song and her voice meant to him?

He had imagined this moment so many times. He had prepared thousand different speeches in his mind that he was going to narrate infront of his mysterious stranger, telling her how much she meant to him, telling her how much he loves her.......how much he waited and struggled to hear her voice once again but, here he was......completely speechless, just absent-mindedly staring at her continuously.

"Abhimanyu?", Akshara called out his name, loudly this time, bringing him back from his thoughts.

"Ye-.....yeah", he replied clearing his throat and taking few steps closer to her, wanting to be in her close proximity, to feel that she was actually here but immediately took few steps back as well, fearing that this sudden closeness might make her uncomfortable. He was confused.....how to act? what to say? how to stand still when she, his dream girl was standing right in front of him?

Till just few minutes ago, she was only a friend around whom, he could be casual, but this one moment changed everything. His actions were suddenly getting controlled by his heart, the stupid heart that doesn't knew how to react, the stupid heart that was beating so fast and loud that he was scared she might hear his restless heartbeats......he was looking at her in a whole new light and he was scared she was might notice the change in his eyes.

Akshara smirked mischievously at him. "You liked my voice...... didn't you?", she asked proudly, still waiting for his reply with eagerness building inside her.

Putting on a calm demeanor, he once again cleared his throat as he spoke- "Uhmm.....it was, fine.", he replied, lying straight on her face and saw her smirk instantly wiping off.

"Just fine?", she asked, not believing his answer.  "Yes Akshara.....it was fine", he replied, almost confidently this time and felt guilty instantly because of the disappointment in her eyes that was clearly visible.