19. I Hate Him

Warning- It's going to be a heavy chapter with mentions of suicide and depression

"Akshara.....what is this?", Aarav entered the room, sounding like a concerned big brother. He looked at her with pity and sat on the edge of her bed.

"Thank God you are here bhaiya. Atleast put some sense into her now", Arohi complained to him and he nodded, taking her side.

"You are just like your brother Akshu", Aarav spoke triggering her weak point i.e her brother. "You and Kairav both are so stubborn and careless that you both always end up in trouble".

Akshara didn't respond, but just lowered her head in guilt. She knew that her entire family was worried because of her sudden ill health but she had no control over it. She felt weak....not only  because she wasn't eating well but because she couldn't stop herself from stressing over Abhimanyu's sudden distancing from her life.

"Take care of yourself bachcha....you have no idea how worried Manish uncle was", Aarav said passing her a file. "It's good that I asked him to get you tested first when you fainted and here is your report".

"Is there something serious?", Arohi asked snatching the file from his hands and flipped the pages recklessly.

"Fortunately no.....she is fine. She is just weak and needs proper rest", Aarav answered passing her a small smile. "Along with some medicines", he added forwarding a box of tablets to Arohi.

"It's multivitamins tablets. A good diet alone won't help. She needs some medications too as per the prescription so keep that in mind", he instructed Arohi and focused his attention back at Akshara.

"Thank you bhaiya", Akshara murmured softly, still avoiding to look at him. He smiled, patting her head. "You should focus on yourself Akshara, you have a family. They are still struggling with Kairav's loss so atleast you shouldn't be the one adding to their stress right......I know it's difficult for you as well. Afterall that accident-"

"It was a murder", he paused midway as Akshara shot back suddenly meeting his gaze. She was quietly listening to everything he said till now because she agreed with it. But she couldn't agree with him or anyone calling Kairav's death just a plain accident case.

"Oh come on Akshara.....not again", Aarav scoffed in a taunting manner. "It's true bhaiya. It was not an accident. I'll never believe that", she replied in a weak voice which still sounded confident enough.

Aarav clenched his jaw at her words, trying to stay as calm as possible. "And what if you are wrong? What if it's just an accident?", he asked.

"If it's an accident......Then it must be planned and deliberate. So it's eventually again a murder only. And that's it", she answered still staring back at him showing her obvious stubbornness over her point.

Aarav took a deep sigh, breaking the eye contact first and got up from the bed, passing her another small smile. "I think you should rest now", he said and proceeded to leave but stopped midway infront of Arohi.