14. Akshara is in Love

She was in love

She was in love......she could feel it.

And this feeling was strange. It was beautiful, yet painful.

It was beautiful because her heart told her that it was the right thing to do. It was beautiful because she knew that it was worth it......he was worth it. The smile he brought on her face and the comfort she experienced in his presence was so worth it. In that moment, she realised that even if it was destiny and her fate that gave her enough pain only to get her wounds healed by just his mere touch......then she could go through all those miseries again, only to live this moment  once more with him, because it would be worth it.

Yet, it was painful at the same time for her, since she knew that her love story would forever remain one sided......He was already in love with someone else and still she couldn't help herself from falling for him. That's the tragedy of her. She knew her end result that she was never going to get him, still she couldn't help herself from falling in love.

Because that's how love is.....uncontrollable and unpredictable.

But to be honest, she didn't care. All she cared about was this moment and the promise he made to her. He said that he would stay, so he will stay. Even if he meant it just as a friend, she didn't care....... because she knew that she needed him, she needed atleast that one reason in her life that will not let her give up.

She trusted him. Even if she got her trust broken multiple times by many people in the past, she was still trusting him with everything left in her.

And she knew, she won't survive if he would break this trust. She knew that she would collapse this time if he leaves her hand.......still she was ready to risk her already damaged heart once again, just for him.

She realised how she was still tightly clutching his shirt under her fist , not wanting to leave him.......It was her moment, and she wanted to live it to the fullest.

She opened her fist and he watched how her hands slowly travelled up through his chest and wrapped themselves around his neck, embracing him for a hug.

Abhimanyu smiled when he noticed how she was trying to balance herself on her toes, in order to match his height   and he instantly wrapped his hands around her waist to support her.

Akshara placed her head on his chest, completely burying her face in his warmth. "Thank you", she mumbled softly and sensed that he was going to interrupt.

"There is no need to thank-"

"No please.....don't say anything Abhi", she answered without letting him complete, understanding his intentions. She knew that he wasn't doing a favour on her by making a promise, still she wanted to thank him once for everything. "I mean it.......", she said.

"Now please, just stay here for this moment. Just like this", she requested him in yet another whisper and closed her eyes, silently listening to his heartbeat. It was the most beautiful rhythm she has ever heard.