20. It Was Always You

"Akshu

"Akshu.....he came. He is downstairs", Arohi told her and Akshara immediately pulled the  blanket over her face, hiding herself completely under it.

"Why?", she asked in a very low voice. Her body was still shivering due to high fever. "He is here to meet you", Arohi stated, expecting a positive response from her sister but she was still very quietly hidden under the blanket.

"Then ask him to leave. I don't want to even see his face now", Akshara replied after a long gap of silence between them. She was breathing heavily and it was getting difficult for her to even speak more than two words together.

"Akshara.....", came an equally weak and broken voice from behind and she gulped, shutting her eyes tightly while clutching the fabric of the blanket.

It was him....it was finally him. The person she was dying to talk to- her Abhi. She was longing to hear his voice again and today when she heard it, she had no idea how to react.

All she could feel was immense hatred and frustration towards him but still somewhere in her heart, she also felt a long lost relief after hearing his voice. And she hated herself for this.....she hated the fact that how all of a sudden, she just wanted to run into his arms and then complain to him only about his behaviour and disappearance.

"I'm sorry......", Abhimanyu said, taking a deep breath while gathering the courage and slowly taking a step forward towards her room.

He couldn't even have a look at her properly. She wasn't ready to show him her face but he could still interpret how vulnerable she was in that moment. And  that broke him completely.

As soon as Manish called him and explained Akshara's situation, Abhimanyu forgot everything that was going on with him. At that time, he didn't care how he was going to face the Goenkas, he didn't care how he'll explain them the reason for his disappearance and what this could cost to his family's reputation. All he cared was of the fact that his Akshara was in a terrible state because of him and he couldn't take it anymore.

And without wasting any other moment, he came running to her.......but the courage he had gathered to face her was now once again shattering seeing her state. She was suffering miserably. He could see her shivering body even when it was covered by the blanket. He could sense her breathing heavily......maybe she was finding it difficult to breathe. And he was the reason. He was once again a reason for her bad state.

He was so bad for her. All he knew was to give her pain intentionally or unintentionally. He didn't deserved her......he just deserved punishment for his sins. But can any punishment be bigger than the pain of seeing your loved ones suffering because of you?

With a heavy heart, he entered her room. The same room where they once rejected each other when he came over for their rishta and the same room which marked the start of their friendship as well........alot changed between that day and the present day.