Epilogue

I stare at myself, taking in my face, carefully brushes and painted to bring out my eyes and features. My gaze travels my hair, seeing it fall down my back in almost ethereal waves. My gaze carries further down at the flowing gentle cream colored fabric that drapes across my figure in beautiful folds. My eyes finally lift back to my own eyes.

"Lets do this."

Beautiful notes dance through the air as I take my fathers arm and step out down the trail. The sound of the waterfall drowns out my nerves, then all I see is him.

All of a sudden I hear nothing, feel nothing, smell nothing, all I see is him as memories flit across my mind.

'Who are you smirking at?..'

'I'm smirking at..."

'Wouldn't you like to know.'

A watery smile graces my face.

'Hey Red.'

'Really Red? Think of that all by yourself.'

I hope he never stops calling me that.

I follow the wolf side by side until we come to the mouth of a cave and I stop, only for the wolf to come behind me , and nudged my back with it's head forward.

Only seemed fitting to get married in such a beautiful place.

'Please go on a date with me'

'Luca I don't-'

'Please Red. I've never felt this way with anyone and I know you feel the same way. Just please give me a chance, a real chance to prove myself. If you don't enjoy it I'll leave you alone I promise.'

'Okay, I'll go on a date with you.'

As I look into his eyes, both of us crying with beaming smiles, I know it was the best damn decision I ever made.

My father passes me to him and I finally look out into the crowd, I see Miah and Ace, him looking at her, an idea flits across my mind and I look at Luca. He looks at them and smiles at me, then at Ace and nods his head towards where we're standing.

Ace boyishly grins and grabs Miahs hand, pulling her too stand in a mirrored position next to us.

"Wait what?! Are you serious?" She looks at me "Are you sure."

"This all started as two best friends going on a summer adventure, then we found our home here. It couldn't feel anymore right than to make this permanent with you at my side."

She smiles a sob, faces Ace, and we start the ceremony.

Confessions of love, secrets shared, life and death abound, friends and family made and born. At the start of this incredibly journey I was a girl who thought she was losing her mind. I now stand and know that I wasn't losing my mind, I was finding my heart.

~~~

Good Lord y'all, this took a minute. I started this book in middle school, merely at the beginning of my journey, and It took so long to finally finish, but my longtime love and baby is finally done and I couldn't be prouder. To those who stuck around from the beginning, thank you, and to those new coming, welcome and I hope you enjoy. I will admit this isn't my best work, but these character hold a special place and my heart and I couldn't rest until they got their happy ending. More books of better writing are yet to come.

Thank you for your patience.

SC