Chapter Sixteen

I need proof.

No one will believe me if I don't bring more than a theory and a faint scent.

I never felt safe in a room when Sebastian was there. I tried to conceal my suspicions, but I knew it was only time until someone noticed.

That someone is Miah.

We all assist in helping Grace put groceries up. I raise on my tiptoes to put a box of granola on the top shelf in the pantry.

"Here, let me help you shorty." Sebastian chuckles behind me.

I give a tight smile "Thanks." then immediately back away.

He places the granola on the shelf and gives a big smile, walking back over to put some more groceries away.

I blow out a small breath only to choke on it when I hear Miah behind me.

"So what's up with you?"

"What-uhhh, what do you mean..by that?" I say fussing with the box of rice in front of me.

She clears her throat, and I sigh "It's nothing Miah..." then I grumble under my breath "at least not yet."

"Okay then" she grabs my arm, pulling me upstairs, into the little sitting room there.

"What's up with you?" She says in a hush tone "Why do you act this way when Sebastian is around? And-"

She gasps "You aren't cheating on Luca with his younger brother are you?!? Cause that would just be-"

"No!" I whisper yell, cutting her off. "I'm not cheating on Luca."

"Then what?"

I take a deep breath. After explaining why I was acting the way I was, and reassuring her that I wasn't kidding, and why I won't tell Luca until I was sure he would believe me, she finally understood.

"What are we going to do?" She asks.

I raise an eyebrow "We?"

She rolls her eyes "The sooner we catch the spy, and eliminate the threat, the sooner we can go back to our normal lives."

I cock my head "Well as normal as you can have it while having a rare beast as a best friend and mate in a town full of werewolves."

She scoffs and giggles "Yeah, that is our normal now, and I for one love it."

"Me too."
So that's what we do, we try to find proof, keeping a close eye on him, but he always escapes the eye. Only to reappear later, before anyone else noticed or could be notified.

We wait for him to slip, wait for his move.

Weeks passed.

Nothing.

That's when I had a thought.

How can the Hunters make a move when they used up their rogues, and they may have witches, but it's only my family, and I don't think I have that big of one, just my uncle, the twins-who are on our side-my grandma, and grandpa.

Grandpa was always the worst of it, the chief, the leader. He hadn't a merciful bone in his body, and always had a punishment ready for any occasion, even the littlest of mistakes get a punishment, basically anything he didn't like or found acceptable.

He is a monster.

But my uncle on the other hand was stupid. If he had an opportunity, without thinking, he would go for it. So say if I had gone out, no matter what my grandpa suggested, he would go for me.

So, me and Miah made the idea to tell everyone that we felt cooped up, and Miahs anxiety was building, so we needed to get out for some fresh air for a bit, just into town for lunch, then back.