fifty-four

Unedited: do comment if there is any unclear parts or grammatical error thank you :)

_____________________________

You sighed and your hands were rummaging through your clothes.

"Hey, what's wrong baby?" Jeonghan came behind you and gave a kiss on your bare shoulder.

"I don't know what to wear," you turned around to face him and pout.

You have been staring at your wardrobe for 10 minutes only in a towel wrapped around your body and still can't decide on the outfit to wear.

"Just wear like you always do," he stroked your hair gently and you shook your head.

"That was as your secretary. I need to look a little bit extra. It's my first day," you whined and he smiled.

"You want me to pick for you?"

"Yes please," you showed a pouty face and nodded.

"Go and sit first. I'll come to you in a bit," you did as he told and waited on the bed while looking at your phone. You know Jeonghan has great taste in outfits so you trust him.

It didn't take him long to choose and he went to you with a pair of clothes and lay them on the bed beside you.

"Take your time to get ready. I'll prepare us some breakfast," he pecked your lips and went out of the room.

You put on the outfit he picks for you and looks at yourself in the mirror.

"Not bad," you mumbled to yourself and turned around a few times, loving the simple outfit and you put on some light makeup before heading downstairs

Jeonghan looks at your figure coming down the stairs and you walk in front of him.

"Well? How do I look?" You took a few steps back so he could get a better view of the overall outfit and he walked forward before leaning his face in front of yours.

"Stunning," you feel the heat rushing through your face at his stare and a laugh comes out from him, knowing that you felt embarrassed.

You punched his chest lightly for teasing you and he pulled your arm gently to sit down at the dining table where he had already prepared some avocado toast and coffee for your breakfast.

"How are you feeling?" He asks after both of you take a bite of the toast he made.

"I feel nervous and sick to my stomach," you placed the toast back on the plate and held your stomach.

"You'll be fine baby,"

"I'll send and pick you up from work today," he said before taking a sip of his coffee.

"Won't it trouble you? Our place is not close," you asked, feeling that sending and picking you up from work would burden him.

"It's your first day. I want to. Besides, I'll miss my beloved secretary," he pinched your nose which reacted to you yelping in and rubbing your nose with a sour face.

"Speaking of that, who will replace my spot?" You asked while rubbing your red nose, suddenly wondering.

"I'll-" he didn't get to finish his words when you gasped and squinted your eyes at him.

"Don't tell me you're hiring a new girl or something," you pointed a finger in front of his face and he raised an eyebrow.

"Would it bother you if it was a girl?"

"Of course it would! What if you fall in love with her!" He chuckled and ruffled your hair. You pushed his hands away in annoyance for messing the hair you made this morning.

He really wants to pick a fight with you.

"You're overthinking baby. You do know I only love you right?" And just those words made you feel all giddy inside, forgetting what he did earlier.

You smiled sheepishly before hugging his arm and resting your head on his shoulder.

"I'll have Mr. Kim back on the job," you don't care what he said after and snuggled closer to him.

Jeonghan hates to break the lovely time he was having with you, but he looked at the time on his phone and remembered that both of you need to get going.

You're not going to work at the same place anymore.

"I hate to say this babe, but you need to drink your coffee and we'll need to get going,"

________________________________

"We're here," you took a deep breath at the building the car was stopped at. Jeonghan took your hands into his.

"Your hands are cold. Are you okay?" You closed your eyes and nodded.

"Hey, you'll be fine. Remember, if you need anything call me okay?" He kissed your forehead and hugged you to give you courage.

"Bye, thank you for sending me here. Drive safely to work," you bid goodbye to your boyfriend.

"Anything for you. I'll call you to pick you up later," he waved you goodbye and you were about to open the car door but turned around again to face him.

He was about to open his mouth but you were quick to pull the collar of his shirt and press your lips against his for a quick kiss.

"I love you," you breathed out as you pulled away from him. He was blinking a few times, unsure how to read the situation.

"You had to make it hard for me on our first day not going to work together?" He groaned in frustration which invited a burst of laughter to you.

"I love youu," you repeated as you stepped out of the car.

"I love you too baby,"

Your eyes watched as his car drove away from you and you started walking to the office lobby.

It was only a few steps in, and a young lady greeted you.

"Good morning Ms. Y/L/N. I'm Ji Woo, your secretary," you were startled by the sudden greeting but you greeted back.

"Hi good morning,"

"The president informed us of your appointment as our CEO today. Let me show you the way to your office," she showed the way and you followed her to your new office.

"For today, I have cleared all your schedule so you can be familiar. There are no meetings or meet-ups with our clients. I'll brief you on the current job we're handling," you nodded in understanding at her explanation.

"Sure, that sounds great. I hope you'll assist me in getting things done," you said with a smile.

"Of course, Ms. Y/L/N. I'll go and grab the documents. Do you need anything to drink? Coffee or tea?"

"No thanks," you declined the offer.

"Usually you're the one to offer to Jeonghan" you speak to yourself in your head.

"Okay, I'll be right back," she bowed before leaving the room.

You then look around the office room, which used to belong to your dad.

"Dad has no taste in decorating the office," already thinking of redecorating the place according to your preference.

"Today is gonna be a long day for sure,"