forty

A/n: I can't believe we're at chapter forty already! I don't know when I'll end this book but it's probably not anytime soon😂 Had planned some plots for the whole story so please keep waiting😉 enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So Jeonghan, I heard you're the CEO of YJ Company. You know my company was one of your partners right?" Dad starts to ask questions during dinner since everyone is so quiet.

"Yes I know Queens Group is our company's partner and both of you owned it," Jeonghan replied calmly.

"Is that the reason why you're with my daughter?" You look at your dad after you heard what he just said.

"Dad,"

"It's okay, y/n," Jeonghan smiled at you and looked at your dad to reply to the question.

"That's not my intention for dating her. I just knew who she was after dating her. I liked her since college,"

"Why did you take y/n as your secretary if you knew her for a long time then?" Your dad continued and you were annoyed with his attitude tonight.

"Dad, that's private between him and me. I'm sorry, can you stop asking personal questions?"

"Is it wrong for me to know more why my daughter is with this man?" Your dad answered back to you and you just shook your head.

"It's not wrong, I'm just uncomfortable so please," you sighed in annoyance and Jeonghan held your hand to calm you down.

"Hey it's okay. Eat up," you don't know how Jeonghan managed to be this calm. You picked up your chopsticks again and glared at your dad, silently eating his food.

"If you both don't mind, I would like to bring you to the beach this evening," Jeonghan speaks up to the awkward tension.

"That is lovely dear. What do you say honey?" Your mom immediately nodded and asked your dad

But he didn't respond. He stayed silent without looking at anyone.

Whatever. He is cold as a stone.

"You didn't tell me you planned that," you nudged Jeonghan and he leaned closer to you.

"It just pops out of my head," he said in a low voice and you smiled.

"You're full of surprises, Jeonghan," he shrugged and took a bite of his food.

"Want to buy some food to eat there?"

You nodded at his suggestion.

"We'll go out after we finish having lunch,"

___________________________

"You look so pretty," Jeonghan whispered into your ear and you giggled.

"Stop,"

You pushed him from you but he leaned again and whispered while his fingers playfully traced along your thigh.

"Might as well drag you back home,"

"Jeonghan," you blushed and looked around to see if anybody saw what he did. Not willing to handle more of his tease, you stand up and look down at him.

"I want to go swimming with mom. Are you coming?" He shook his head, rejecting the invitation.

"Nah I'm fine. I want to feel the sea breeze,"