XX: "HAPPINESS IS A BUTTERFLY"

Start from the beginning

"Lili, that's embarrassing and blue roses doesn't exist *chuckle* "

"No, not when you're in love. You'll find those embarrassing moment sweet when you're in love and blue roses does exist because there's no impossible when it comes to love." She said sincerely and laugh after her cheesy speech.

"*laugh* Okay, that was cheesy but I like it and I love you." I said and kissed her.

End of flashback.

This feeling sucks. Reminiscing the past and regretting sucks.

"Heyy Jen. Are you okay?" Rosé's calling my attention.

"Oh yes. I just remembered something *smile*"

Later that night I celebrated with my parents, Rosé with a simple dinner.

Karina, Winter and NingNing was back on their own home towns after the graduation.

-----

Months after, I passed the board exam and now I'm starting my own firm.

It's been 6 months when I started running my own Law firm and I've been busy ever since.

I'm inside of my office, working overtime.

*Knock Knock*

"Come in." I said

"Miss Kim, are you doing overtime again?" Mina asked. She's my secretary and my friend.

"Yeah, I need to finish studying this case for tomorrows hearing."

"Oh okay. I'm gonna order you a food delivery so you can have dinner here." Mina said while taking out her phone from her bag.

"Thanks Mina! You're the best." I said.

She just hum and after the food was delivered, she bid her goodbye.

I was eating while reading the papers in front of me. It's about a murder case, the accused is an 68 years old man and he was framed up to take responsibility even though there's no strong evidence that he is guilty. The family of the victim is rich so they're using their power to make the old man take responsibility of the crime he never did.

By 11pm, I finished my work and I'm confident to win the case tomorrow.

I smiled bitterly and trying to accept that you can't have it all. Great career and perfect relationship.

I don't mind if this will be my daily routine, I love my job and it makes me happy. The only thing that I regret is not fighting for My Love.

Maybe this is life telling me that : "We fall in love for each other but not meant to be together."

But I'm still hoping, waiting and praying to let God rewrite our love story, if that happens I will make it right and love her right.

I miss you Lalisa.

----

JENNIE'S POV

After several Months

JANUARY 6, 2022

"Congratulations Attorney Kim!" All the employees greeted me for achieving 2 recognition for the past months.

We just celebrate inside the office lounge.

Pro Bono Publico Awards

Solo and Small Firm Project Award

"Thank you. But I recieved that recognition because of all of you. Everyone here plays the important role for the success of J Kim Law Firm. So, cheers!" I said and raised my wine glass.

J Kim Law Firm is a small firm I started with three young brilliant attorney and six other employees. And I am planning to expand my office and hire more attorney and employees.

Because of all the achievements, my dad stop pestering me to work for his company. I prove him that I can build my own name without his help.

And I moved out from home after learning that he threatened Lisa back when we still together. Ji-Young accidentally confess it to me four months ago. It was my dad's birthday.

I overheard them when I'm passing by my dad's study room, Ji-Young was complaining that he can't still get me after dad threatened Lisa, and demanding my hand for marriage and he had the guts to threatens my dad.

That's when I rudely open the door and hastily walk towards Ji-Young and slap him hard, hard enough that I can feel the pain in my hand and leave a red mark in his left cheek.

"You fvcking assh*le! Get out of here and don't you dare show your face EVER AGAIN! " I shout at his face while pointing finger at him.

"I can't believe you did that dad, I can't believe you did that for money!" I face my dad with disappointment in my face.

"Jennie, I did that for your future..." Dad said with guilty face

"NO! You did that for yourself! All I want is freedom and happiness. All I want is Lisa! But you snatch that future from me!" I cried while spitting those words.

Both of them are silent and only my heavy breathing and cry echoes the room.

That's the day I leave home.

----

I am now leaving independently but I still get in touch with my mom cause she doesn't have anything to do with the past.

Everyone inside the office is mingling, when a sudden person barge inside and look lost.

"A-hh... Hello, is this J. Kim Law Firm?" She asked in English with an accent.

She's pretty, tall and and I think she's in her mid 20's.

"Hello, yes it is. But we're actually close right now. We will resume office tomorrow. " Mina answered in a fluent English.

" Oh okay." She shyly said

"But I can book you an appointment for tomorrow. Ma'am..?" Mina said and accompany the client in front of here cubicle.

"Oh sorry, I'm Diana... Diana Flipo." She said smiled

--------

(A/N: WHAT'S UP EVERYONE? BORN PINK ALBUM IS FINALLY OUT AND MY FAVE B-SIDE ARE TALLY AND HARD TO LOVE 💖
WHAT'S YOUR FAVE B-SIDE TRACK IN THE ALBUM? 😊)