8

-----[o]-----

-----[o]-----

With Valentines day being two weeks ago, Hyunjin had hoped that him hiding on that day would let the girls know to take a few steps back. Unfortunately for him it was false hope.

He was in the cafeteria just to eat but he couldn't even get food because people surrounded him. Hyunjin couldn't move at all. He was already not in the mood for it so it could only end badly.

"Is it true that you like someone? Students have seen you with a girl." someone said to Hyunjin. Everyone began to speak to him all at once. His headache only became worse. "Give me some space will you!" he yelled, shocking everyone there. He was never one to get mad. They all stepped back, letting the boy breathe. "What's the matter?" Hyunjin asked a girl in front of him. "There's a rumor going around, that you like someone and might be dating someone." she replied.

Y/n and Chaewon walked into the cafeteria. "What is happening over there?" Y/n asked no one in particular. "Hwang Hyunjin." a passerby said. "It's always him causing a commotion." Chaewon said. She went to get food as Y/n was watching what was happening. She was too far away to actually hear what was going on but she didn't want to go closer.

Hyunjin looked around to read the room. He then saw Y/n looking at him. She turned away when their eyes met. "Y/n!" he yelled, making her look back at him. He walked through the crowd, towards her. The crowd followed him as they were curious. "Babe, I've missed you." he said to her and embraced her.

He let go of her as he realized she was frozen in shock. He out his arm around her shoulder. "Babe?" his friend asked him, clearly wanting an explanation. "Yeah. Haven't I told you? Y/n and I are dating." he said to his friend. Some of the people there gasped while some couldn't even process it.

"Since when?" he asked. "Valentines day. I confessed by giving her a teddy bear. Isn't that right babe?" he asked and looked to Y/n. She nodded. "Now if you'll excuse us. I want to eat with my baby." he said and grabbed her hand. He gently dragged her to where the food was served.

As soon as they sat down at the table, people started whispering and looking at them. "Just ignore it." Hyunjin said as he ate something. "I didn't know you two were a thing. You said the teddy bear didn't mean anything." Chaewon quietly asked. "It didn't mean anything. This idiot here dragged me into this." Y/n said. "I'm not an idiot." Hyunjin said but he was ignore by both of them. "It's not like you had to play along." she said. "Oh sorry that I actually care about others." Y/n said as she rolled her eyes.

Hyunjin was just eating while holding Y/n's hand in his, on the table. "Let go of my hand already. I want to e-" she was interrupted by him. He had put some food in her mouth. "Oh my- Y/n calm down. I'm sure he has his reasons." Chaewon said and tried to calm her down as she was ready to through her food at Hyunjin. "I have my reasons and I'll tell them to you." He side eyed Chaewon. "Privately." he continued speaking. "What? Not fair. I already know this is fake." she argued.

As soon as they were done eating, Y/n stood up. She dragged Hyunjin out of the cafeteria, going somewhere quiet so they could talk.

"Explain yourself before I go tell everyone you're lying." she said and sternly looked at him. Hyunjin couldn't help but smile. He hadn't seen this side of her. He suddenly became curious of all the different sides she had. "You wouldn't do that." he said and looked straight into her eyes. She stayed quiet. She sighed. "Just tell me why I have to go through this." she said and calmed down. She was indeed mad that she got dragged into his problems but she was sure his reasoning would be worth it.

"It's quite simple. I'm popular and get followed around everyone. I've grown sick of it for a long time now so settling down with someone would make everyone back off and give me the space I need to breathe. So that's why you became my fake girlfriend." he explained. She stayed quiet and thought about what to say.

"So what do I do?" she asked. Hyunjin was clearly confused. "What should I do to make them believe it?" she asked. "Spend some time with me and hold my hands once in awhile. That should be enough to convice them. I hope." he said but the last words he whispered. She had heard him. She nodded. "I can do that for you to have peace." she said.

"Now give me your phone." he said and held out his hand. She did without questioning why. Hyunjin pulled her closer and lowered himself a bit so their cheeks would touch. He made a selfie. He then did something on your phone but you didn't bother to look. "You've got my phone number now. I'll text you." he said as he still stood so close to her.

He took a few steps back. "Thank you." he said and looked into her eyes again. ".... You're welcome?" she replied. He nodded and slowly left. He glanced back at her once. He waved. She flashed him a smile as she waved back at the boy. ''What have I gotten myself into?'' she asked herself as she watched him walk away.

-----[o]-----