Chapter 14: Darkness Takes Control (pt. 2)

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Well, milady, I had to find some way of breaking your tension, you were still anxious, I could feel it on you. And it worked, it seems, your lovely smile beams at me!"

CryoFangs couldn't physically stop the flustered giggles that fought to escape her as her excited hiccups intensified, her tail tip twitched as her tail slowly wagged. Eis winked and quieted himself, a glint of something currently unknown to her sparked in his eyes. He's a flirtatious handful, she sighed dreamily in her head, realizing that her brain had almost gone blank from his flattering words. Damn it, Eis- I'm a mess....

After figuring out where the group had been all this time, the two made their way to the second floor of the Palace, finding that visitors of the Palace slept in a series of rooms which stuck out from the shiny wood walls. The rooms looked to have emerged from the wood itself, like some sort of growth, moss clung to the wood and small, multi-colored flowers bloomed forth from the misshapen wood.

As they came to a stop to examine the rooms over their heads, their talons disconnected from each other, subconsciously Cryo sniffed her sweating talon only to smell the scent of a cold, crisp winter morning mixed with Shivermint, whoa... is that him I'm smelling? How odd... it smells quite wonderful... nostalgic, even.

She wasn't any bit embarrassed as she sniffed her talon a bit more, Cryo was hoping to engrave that scent into her brain, to remember the prince simply by scent alone. She inwardly smiled as she flapped up into the air, examining the rooms a bit closer, the room she looked upon had gorgeous periwinkle-blue, bell-shaped flowers that dangled from it amongst the moss, the door to the room was a rich mahogany color.

CryoFangs flapped closer, and, as she slipped her talon onto the carved handle, she pulled the door open, gazing about warily as she listened for any sign of an inhabitant. When nothing was heard, she stepped inside and took in the room she would be staying in: the room was circular, with the bed of moss and needles off to the left side of the room, a basin full of crystalline water was present beside the bed, a table and chair was in the middle of the room, and a simple bookshelf with nothing more than seven different books was against the back wall.

And the ceiling was covered in glass, allowing both protection and an open view of the outside. She sighed lightly as she gazed down at her waist, the sword belt she unbuckled and tossed on the bed, she'd put it back on later, but decided she didn't need her weapon at the moment.

Cryo found herself stepping towards the chest at the foot of the bed, she undid the iron latch locking the chest, opening it up to find rolls of parchment, a few dozen off-white quills, and a series of ink bottles. Huh, interesting... she thought, getting an idea. I haven't exactly written anything in a while... oh why not? It's only for a moment, right?

She snatched up a roll of yellowed parchment, a quill, and a bottle of shimmering sapphire ink, seating herself at the lonely table as she opened the blank scroll, examining it as she let her mind drift off and wander. Subconsciously she uncapped the ink and dipped her quill, seeing the liquefied sapphire drip from it, the light dancing across it made it shimmer.

C'mon, anything will do, brain... ooo, perhaps... CryoFangs felt an idea boil to the surface, and she began scratching down the first bits of a poem:

"Before my eyes, I saw violet looking into blue,
As I crashed and burned, you spoke what rang true:
"I'll keep you happy and safe, I promise you."
It's not been that long, but I don't care,
We both possess a pain we share,

Broken souls, you and I,
I've broken down and started to cry,
When you touch me, I don't feel blue,
Rather I smile, and say I adore you,
When you held me close, I knew,
I can't believe I'd say this, but- Eis: I love you..."