Chapter 14: Darkness Takes Control (pt. 2)

Start from the beginning

Sselvu scrunched her snout up, as if unsure how to respond, "of course," she said, giving the HallowFrost a strained smile, "I'll be in my chambers, if you need me."

As she strode off, Eis waited until she was officially out of sight before walking towards CryoFangs, the glimmer of happiness in his eyes at the sight of her made him smile a bit, her heart beat faster at the sight.

"So, what do you need now that Her Majesty Hate-The-Humble is gone?" He laughed quietly, CryoFangs felt a few hapless giggles escape her as Thorne's face contorted into one of incredulity, as if offended. Eis raised a brow at his giggling interest, who quickly calmed down and got herself under control, looking at Thorne and wondering if he'd speak first.

When he said nothing, he instead motioned for the two to follow him, they stalked into the Infirmary and, with Thorne leading, the three slipped into an ajar supply closest, shutting the door behind them.

The closest was full of strange-smelling bandages and glasses full unknown liquids clinked as they shuffled about, Cryo had been unfortunate enough to get stuck in the corner, Eis blocked the door, and the Wyrmwood was nearly sandwiched between the two. "Why here?" She growled, "it's such a small space."

"We need to keep our plan secret, remember?" Thorne asked shortly, "I'd rather spill my secret plans in a closet than right in the middle of a massive hallway. What about you?"

She sighed, "enough of that. Eis, you must be curious, correct?" He blinked and nodded in agreement, "what are you two planning, exactly?" He wondered curiously, giving them each a concerned glance.

"Well, when I went to figure out what was up with Thorne's father, I touched him and... I heard a voice."

"What sort of voice, milady?"

"A demonic one, it said I wasn't welcome, and if I didn't leave I would suffer consequences... I think he's possessed by something." She said, feeling a dreadful shiver slide down her spine, he widened his eyes.

"That's... alarming. Cryo, I think we should regroup and tell the others about this, and we should consult the Elders as soon as possible about the Assailant. If we can get going on that sooner, the better our chances of kicking VileHeart's damned tail back to where he came from." He explained, the other two nodded in agreement. "We just have to make sure that Sselvu- and the other Wyrmwoods- don't overhear us, or else they'll probably shut us down immediately and she'll explain why we shouldn't."

That's bad for our business, she thought, "alrighty then- tell our friends the issue, I'll see if we can locate the Elders, and then I'll see myself to the library to figure out just how to exorcise a demon. Do we agree?"

The Wyrmwood nodded, "aye- then it's settled," Eis said, "let's get to it!"

The three slipped forth from the supply closet, Thorne motioned that he was going to assist his father, Cryo knew he was mostly splitting away from them as not to draw attention to them, and as they walked back into the hallway, she took Eis' talon in hers.

He glanced down at their locked talons, then up at her face with a smile, "despite all this, you still find it in you to touch me? I'm flattered!" He joked, earning a faint blush from her as she flicked her ears back. "You're even cuter when you blush, did you know that?"

CryoFangs felt her blush grow more intense as she chuckled quietly, turning her face away from him as she felt the butterflies explode in her belly, "quiet," she snapped playfully, her heart racing and her palms sweating slightly.

"I refuse to silence myself when someone like you is around- which, by the way, there is only one of you, so I'm one lucky prince!"

"Aww- stop, I-I can't handle the flattering, Eis!" She hiccuped, and as she turned to look at him, she saw a beaming smile on his face, as if he now had hold of a precious diamond in his talons.