"I don't know what you just said, gumdrop, but I take it you're a fan," he says to her.

See, told ya.

"How about after all of this is over, you and me-"

He is not asking out Sarai, especially in the middle of an evacuation.

"That's enough," I interrupt. "Sarai, why don't we go somewhere over there? Somewhere more private?"

"That sounds like a great idea," she says kindly.

I grab her suitcase and we head towards the benches for more privacy, but most importantly, so we can get away from Wu.

"Hey!" Prince Wu complains.

I simply turn around and stick my tongue out at him.

And that's for always flirting with Kitty.

...

My hands are sweaty. It's just, it's been so long. When I saw Sarai standing there, all of those memories began to flood my mind, and it paralyzed me. For years I wondered what happened to her. Was she ok? Was she sad that we weren't allowed in each other's lives anymore? What's she doing now? Is she married? Does she have kids? I asked myself these questions over and over and over, and now she's here. I can just ask her... But I'm nervous.

Why am I nervous?

She's just an old friend... Who I had massive feelings for. See? Nothing to worry about. No, really. This is good for me. And regardless of what Sarai and I had, it's passed. It sucked, what my parents and my grandmother did to us, it sucked- traumatized me really, but it happened. I want to know what happened after that night, how she's been, what she's doing with her life, but I also want to move on... With Kitty.

"Glad we can finally be alone," Sarai laughs.

"Yeah..."

"Jade, you seem tense. I know we're in the middle of an evacuation, but look on the bright side, we're together again. And If I'm being honest, I'd rather be here with you. After all, the Beifong's trust you."

I look at her with wide eyes. How does she know that?

"You know about that?" I ask surprised.

"Of course! You've really made a name for yourself, Jadey. The top guard of Zaofu who double crossed Kuvira with the Avatar's sister-"

"Kitty."

"Hm?" She asks curiously.

"Her name is Kitty. She's my partner- But Sarai, how do you know about all of that anyway?"

"My husband is on Raiko's council."

Husband?

"Yeah," she continues. "I personally can't stand the man. I tell you, whoever decides to run against him next election, I'll be running their campaign, that's for sure," she laughs.

"So... husband... How long have you been married?" I ask awkwardly.

"Two years if Kuvira doesn't kill us first," she jokes. "We were married young, but the heart wants what it wants. Now enough about me, besides saving the world, what have you been up to, Jade?"

"Well that's about it. After joining Suyin's guard, I was hired by Raiko to travel with Kuvira to keep tabs on her and the Earth Kingdom. Of course that didn't help. Raiko ignored everything Kitty and I warned him about, so yeah, here we are."

I'm getting annoyed just talking about it. I hate Raiko, and so does Kitty. Kitty and Korra saved the city from Amon and he still refused to help them when their home was being invaded by Unalaq. He kicked Korra out of the city, and then he ignored every single warning me and Kitty gave him, even though he hired us to prevent the very thing that's happening now. I can't imagine putting up with him for as long as Kitty has.