32: Bad Liar

~A

I can't stay still in my sleep. I always have to move around and change positions a dozen of times, losing precious time of rest. But I always, without a doubt every single morning end up waking up while laying on my stomach. Today was no exception, the alarm on my phone blasting and forcing me to open my eyes to face a toned, inked back, reminding me that Niall had been beside me all along even if we had moved away from each other during the night. I sometimes forgot that massive tattoo on his back even existed, since he didn't have any other tattoos on his body. But after everything he told me last night, I assumed that the Medusa head could have something to do with his father's job, with the casino we were in.

Unlike me, Niall always favoured his side to sleep on as I had discovered through the handful of nights we spent together. He stirred once my alarm went off as well, groaning in complaint as he rolled onto his back. He rubbed his eyes, fighting to pry them open. With pursed lips and scrunched eyebrows he turned towards me.

"Черты возьми. Make that stop." His voice was so rough and low, I could barely make out any words. I forced myself up on my elbows before he was even done with his sentence, turning the obnoxious tune off before flopping back onto my stomach. I stretched my arms under my pillow, yawning in exhaustion. I could definitely sleep for a couple more hours. But I shouldn't. Our flight back to London was barely a couple hours away, and I had to pack the few things I had with me.

So I pushed myself up again, rolling on my side with a groan of complaint because of the soreness on my thighs. I shoved the duvet off and sat up, running my fingers through my hair to push it away from my face. The room was chilly, and the lack of any fabric on my skin made me shiver lightly as I pressed my hands on the mattress, trying to will myself to get out of the comfort of the plush bed.

The embarrassingly high pitched squeal that left my lips was the result of the sudden pull on my waist, making me fall back and land on Niall's stomach. I looked up at him, trying to maintain a frown on my face to show him my annoyance over his move.

"What are you doing?" I friend getting up again, but the arm draped over my chest stopped me from doing so.

"Where are you going?" He rose a challenging brow, running a hand through the front of his hair as he remained lying there, completely unbothered. I sighed in annoyance, letting my head rest on his stomach as I laid vertically on the bed. I was fighting the urge to relax, to close my eyes and get comfortable in the odd position I had ended up in.

"I've gotta start getting ready. We have to be at the airport in a few hours." I groaned, running a hand down my face. Niall gripped onto my jaw, tilting my head to the side to face him. With a sleepy look in his eyes, he gave me a soft crooked grin that lacked his usual arrogance but wasn't any less attractive.

"Exactly. Couple of hours. We still have plenty of time before then." I didn't miss the suggestiveness in his tone, making me roll my eyes.

"Everyone's gonna be expecting us for breakfast already. We should really get out of bed." I didn't even wanna imagine where this situation would lead, because we didn't have the luxury of time. And I knew that if I was tempted, I wouldn't be able to resist. I made one more effort to get up, which was once again sabotaged by Niall's arm getting in my way and pushing me back down.

"How about this? We stay here until it's time to leave. And if they ask where you were, just say you fell asleep. I doubt anyone would be looking for me." I knew he was right, that no one would be surprised to find Niall missing. He rarely ever left his hotel room whenever we'd travel. And I knew that no one would suspect anything if I told them I simply fell asleep. His offer sounded better the more I thought about it, the prospect of not having to get dressed and staying in bed instead sounding incredibly appealing. Niall could tell I was considering it seriously, his smile only growing at my contemplating silence. I scoffed at him, annoyed over the fact that he managed to convince me with pretty much no fight at all.