20: Real Boy

~A

No matter how much I enjoyed filming music videos, I was looking forward for this one to end. The four days it took to film seemed to drag by mockingly slowly. Part of me hated the fact that I was getting impatient, that I was looking forward to the day Niall would be coming over to my house. Though I refused to believe my excitement over the whole situation stemmed from him being the one visiting me. It had been quite a while since I got to play with someone exactly how I wanted. Niall not being used to following orders instead of giving them was something I was sure would only add to the fun of it all.

So when the day finally came, I made sure I had cleared my schedule. I finally had a day to relax and take care of myself, soaking into the bathtub for a bit longer than necessary. When I sent a text to Niall yesterday with my address and what time I was expecting him, I didn't get an answer from him. It did have me a bit worried that he'd back down, go back to ignoring me and pretend nothing ever happened. Hearing the doorbell ring late in the evening just fifteen minutes after the time he was supposed to be here had me sigh in relief. With a blue silk robe wrapped around me to hide what I had underneath, I went to the door and looked through the peephole to make sure it was him before opening it.

"So, you decided to show up." I mused once the door was wide open, checking him out as he stood there in a thick leather motorcycle jacket and jeans, his hair slightly messy from the helmet he was holding. I always forgot his means of transportation was a motorcycle, and I subtly glanced behind him to get a glimpse of a hefty, rugged looking bike parked by my BMW SUV. That only made him more appealing to me in an odd way. I secretly hoped I'd get to ride that motorcycle at some point.

"Did you ever doubt me, sweetheart?" He humorlessly chuckled, stepping through the door once I stepped aside.

"Honestly, I thought you'd chicken out last minute." I shrugged, closing the door behind me as I watched him unzip the jacket, a task more complicated than necessary by all the velcro covering the zipper. I hadn't noticed until that moment that his hands were also covered by leather gloves that he took off and tossed into the hollow of his helmet.

"Nothing can scare me, and especially not you." The smile he gave me was ironic, mocking in a way as he placed the helmet onto the oak side table by the door before sliding his jacket off, a plain black T-shirt underneath. I huffed at his confident answer, stopping a smile from breaking through.

"I wouldn't be so confident if I were you, pretty boy." I winked at him as I walked past, inviting him further into the living room that way. He followed along, glancing around the tall room before he placed his folded jacket at the back of one of the couches.

"So, the popstar money's really as good as they say." He stated rather than asked, taking in the simplistic and lavish interior of my house. It wasn't a mansion of any sorts, but it was definitely a very big house considering I lived alone. I ignored his comment, making my way towards the small bar at the corner of the room.

"Drink?" I offered, pressing my palms flat onto the wooden surface. He walked over, standing on the other side of it as he leaned on his elbow.

"Do you have any whiskey?" I smirked at his question, eyeing the two different bottles I had.

"Irish or Russian." He instantly scoffed, rolling his eyes at me.

"I hope you know you're not at all funny." Chuckling to myself at his annoyance, I picked up the Russian one and poured both of us a glass.

"And I hope you know I'm not trying to be. Cheers." I sweetly smiled, lifting my glass. He sighed before toasting, downing half the drink in one go as I took just a sip. I wasn't really that much of a whiskey fan and I wasn't that interested in having any alcohol either at that moment. Placing the glass tumbler down onto the counter, he eyed my robe carefully as he rose a brow.