27: For Your Entertainment

~A

He was leaning in, and I wasn't stopping him. With his hand cupping my cheek and his eyes fluttering closed, he took away any sliver of space between us. I remained unmoving, holding my breath as his chest pressed to mine. The words he spoke rang in my ears, though I had no idea what any of it meant. It didn't seem to matter though, every thought disappearing from my mind once I felt his breath fanning over my lips. I thought that was it, I thought he'd kiss me. I didn't even try to pull myself away, completely surrendering to it. A heartbeat later, his lips brushed over mine. It was so soft and feathery, I barely even felt anything. I fisted the lapel of his blazer, finally letting my eyes fall closed as I waited.

But the kiss never came. Instead, he pulled himself back. His hand dropped from my cheek, the heat of his body pressing on mine leaving me as he stepped back and stared at me. His cheeks were tinted pink, his eyes wide as if he only then realised what almost happened. I gulped, my throat completely dry. I couldn't believe I felt disappointed. I couldn't believe I felt like that because he didn't kiss me.

"I... I have to leave." He looked down, shaking his head just slightly before clearing his throat. I panicked. I didn't want him to leave. He was the only person I wanted to be around at that moment. I gripped his wrist before he managed to step farther away from me, tugging him back into my reach.

"Please don't." It was pathetic, I knew it was incredibly pathetic of me to whisper such a request to him, especially when I couldn't even meet his eyes. He kept his distance this time around, as if he wasn't trusting himself to hold back from kissing me if he came any closer. I should've been glad about that, should've told him to stop before we even got there in the first place. I've done it countless of times before. Me feeling overwhelmed and vulnerable shouldn't had been able to change that.

"I can't go back in there Lex. I need to leave this place." His voice was weaker than I ever heard it, low and unsteady. I took in a deep breath before daring to look up at him, before daring making the suggestion in my mind.

"Then I'll leave with you. We can go to my place." His brows rose in surprise. He knew what coming over entailed in the case things escalated, which they definitely would. We had made a deal. He'd have to give himself up if he decided to follow me tonight. That was exactly what I needed after the encounter I just went through. Reluctantly, he lifted his hand to my waist again, taking the smallest of steps closer.

"Is that what you need? To have me completely at your mercy? Is this what you've always hoped for?" He whispered, all previous uncertainty and weariness disappearing from his tone. I had to stop myself from smiling, tugging on my bottom lip with my teeth to do so.

"Yes. I've thought about it so many times. That first time wasn't enough, pet. I need so much more from you." I whispered right back to him, matching the suggestiveness in his voice with my own as I gazed at him through my eyelashes. His eyes flickered down to my lips momentarily, but he seemed to force them away as he stepped back, sliding his hand along my arm until he gripped my hand.

"Then I'll let you do whatever you want to me." Just the words were enough to ignite a burning desire deep in my soul, my whole body warming up with need to feel his naked body pressed to mine, to see him helplessly laying in my bed waiting for me. I couldn't wait until all of that became a reality. I forgot all about the party, all about Louis and the label executives walking around. I tugged Niall by the hand back into the main room, sticking close to the wall in an effort to go unnoticed as we snuck out the front door. We jumped into a cab that was already parked outside and I gave my address to the driver. Niall didn't speak all the way to my house, and I didn't either. We each sat on the two far sides of the backseat, barely even exchanging a few glances as we anticipated the moment we'd be alone. And thankfully the drive wasn't long, barely even fifteen minutes. I paid in cash before Niall even had the time to offer to do it, taking his hand again to pull him out of the taxi and towards my driveway.