Good Bye

Time went by a little bit too fast. After one appointment to explain more about the procedure and the effect, Jisoo and Haein managed to book time for the surgery. That day Jisoo came to the hospital with a heavy heart, which she didn't know why. The doctor this time was much older and she didn't treat Jisoo any differently even though she knew who Jisoo was.

"We will use local anaesthetic, so you will be awake. Like I said before, it will still feel uncomfortable and you may experience abdominal pain, also vaginal bleeding for several days afterwards." She explained shortly while checked on Jisoo for the last time before the surgery.

"But there won't be any infection right, doc? What do we do about the pain?" Haein asked.

"A simple painkiller will do." She wrote a note. "The nurse will call once the surgery room is ready."

She left the room just like that, left the two of them alone.

Haein chuckled. "She didn't answer my first question, tho."

Jisoo showed him her faint smile.

"You look pretty even in that patient gown." He held both of her hands. "What's on your mind, Love? You didn't talk much since we arrived."

Jisoo shook her head. "I just don't feel like talking. What about you, Oppa?"

"Hmm." Haein sat next to Jisoo on the patient bed. "It will be a lie if I say that I'm okay. Honestly these past few days, I kept going back and forth, thinking whether we made the right decision. But I choose to trust you."

Jisoo put her head on Haein's shoulder. "Thanks, Oppa."

There was a moment of silence before Haein talked again.

"It will be... 8 weeks old around this day, right?" Haein's eyes were focused on Jisoo's belly.

She nodded her head. Slowly, Haein's hand moved to stroke her belly. Jisoo let him be.

"Can I... say my good bye first?" He asked with such a pitiful voice.

Jisoo gulped. She tried her best to hold her tears. "Yes." 

Haein then bowed. He kissed Jisoo's belly carefully like it was something so fragile yet precious.

"I love you." He whispered, this time the words were not intended to Jisoo. "I'm sorry..." He said again before he cried on Jisoo's lap. 

"Oppa stop it..."

Jisoo tried to calm him down, yet she failed. She had no choice but to wait. Haein kissed Jisoo's belly once again before he raised his body and wiped his tears in a hurry. Just then, the nurse opened the door.

"You may come in, the room is ready. Please follow me."

That command from the nurse somehow strucked her like a thunder. Jisoo trembled, but then a warm hand touched her.

"I'm here. Don't worry." Haein said.

Both of them left the room. They walked a bit until they reached the surgery room. Suddenly, the nurse stopped them.

"Only the patient, please."

Jisoo was starting to get nervous again. "Can't he be with me inside?"

"He can't. It's against the rules." The nurse firmly answered.

She unwillingly let go of his hand. The last thing Jisoo saw before she entered the room was Haein mouthing to her.

It will be okay.