Alive

After the check up, Jisoo just followed Haein everywhere without talking much. He took her to the laboratory, where the nurse took Jisoo's blood and urine sample. Then she waited for Haein to took care of the payment and administration. Haein seemed really different compared to how he was before. He was much more relaxed and focused. Just like her, Jisoo thought that Haein could start to think clearly now. Maybe this was the right time to tell him.

"The test result will take some time to come out. Maybe tomorrow morning. I'll pick it up before my shoot." He said with a big smile. "Are you hungry? What do you want to eat? I'm fine with whatever."

Jisoo gazed directly into his sparkling eyes. "You look happy."

Haein laughed weakly. "I am." He took Jisoo's hand. "I couldn't lie. At first I was really shocked. I wasn't ready, of course. Since we didn't plan it. I couldn't imagine how am I gonna face your family, our companies, and so on. But now... I think I can get trough it all as long as I have you two."

Two.

Jisoo's heart ached when she heard it. She patted Haein's hand, but she turned her face away from him. The way she acted had successfully made Haein felt uneasy.

"We are... going to keep the baby, right?" Haein asked carefully.

It took Jisoo a few seconds before she could answer. "Oppa, I'm really sorry. But I don't think I'm ready."

Haein was slowly losing his smile. "Jisoo-ya. It's okay. I promise I will take care of everything. I will talk to your family and your company. Then we can get married. You know that I can provide more than enough for the three of us."

"I'm not talking about money, Oppa. It's my future we are talking about." She said.

Haein suddenly let go of her hand. Just like Jisoo, he chose to stare at his own shoes.

"I'm thinking to extend my contract at YG. I still want to sing with my members. We are now starting to prepare our next come back, so I can't be like this forever." Jisoo put a long pause before she faced Haein again. "Do you think that... dr. Yoona can help us to abort it? Or shall we find other doctor?"

Haein looked so hurted. His eyes were teary and it looked like he could cry anytime. "How could you say something about comeback after you heard that small heartbeat? It's not even comparable."

Jisoo got goosebumps. She can't believe Haein just said that. "I thought... you are gonna support me on whatever my decision is."

He took a deep breath. "I'm sorry, Love. I know it will be really hard for you. But you have me. I will take care of you. Can you do it for me, please?"

"No I'm not going to, Oppa. I'm sorry... I'm not ready. I actually had my mind set already before we came here."

Haein started to lose his patience. "Jisoo-ya. Maybe you are the one who is pregnant. But it's my baby too. I have the right on this as well. I want you to please keep the baby."

"Why are you making it sound like it's my obligation to bear your child, Oppa?" She raised her voice. She didn't realize that she was crying as well. "I can't believe you can be this selfish. I'm going home. I will call my manager to pick me up."

Haein grabbed her hand as soon as Jisoo got up from the chair. "Jisoo-ya. Listen to me."

Jisoo was startled when Haein pulled her body and stood close to her, then placed their hands together on her stomach.

"It's our baby. It's in there and it's alive. Please reconsider." He said with shaken voice.

She pushed him away. "Let go of me."

Jisoo left the hospital while wiping her own tears. Haein didn't try to stop her.