Heartbeat

Since this was a private check up, there were only the two of them in the waiting room. The white glass door in front of them was closed, but Jisoo could see someone in there.

"dr. Lee Yoona..." Jisoo read the Obgyn's name, which was hung on the door.

"She is a woman. So hopefully you will be comfortable." Haein stroke Jisoo's hand. "Are you nervous?"

"A little." She looked at Haein. "Oppa you are sweating."

"Really? It was hot out there."

Haein let Jisoo wiped his cold sweat. He was a terrible liar, Jisoo thought. Haein clearly was way more nervous than her. They haven't talked much about what were they going to do since the day Jisoo told him this news. Jisoo hadn't told Haein what her decision would be, and she was clueless about how was Haein felt. She was too focus on herself these days and Haein always tried to support her by being a good listener.

I should've asked. She regretted it a bit.

"Miss Kim Jisoo." The nurse called her name.

They both entered the room and Haein still held her hand. A young doctor who was wearing glasses and tied her hair in a ponytail greeted them.

"Hi, nice to meet you! I'm a big fans of Blackpink. So please feel free to talk to me like a friend." She said. "All my patients health information is strictly confidential. So you don't have to worry, Jisoo-ssi."

"Thank you, doctor."

"Now, shall we begin?" She stood up, and leaded Jisoo to the patient's bed.

She asked about when was the last time Jisoo got her period, the nausea symptoms she had, and several other things while checked on her blood pressure, weight, and her breath using her stethoscope.

"I'll recommend you to do the USG check, so we can determine the baby's condition and how old it is. Are you okay with this?"

Jisoo turned her head to Haein who sat not far from her. He quickly stood up and nodded.

"I'll take it as a 'yes'. You can lie down, I'll prepare the machine." Said dr. Yoona.

Haein moved the chair next to Jisoo's bed. She grabbed his hand as soon as he was seated. Dr. Yoona put some ointment on Jisoo's lower abdomen before placing some kind of a scanner tool on it. A grey picture appeared on the monitor. Jisoo wasn't really sure on what she saw, but she realized that dr. Yoona was smiling.

"The sac is formed, and it's perfectly healthy. From the information you have given earlier, I can estimate that you're 6 weeks pregnant."   

She couldn't say anything back and so did Haein. Jisoo just tighten their grip. Now this was all felt much real after a doctor had confirmed it.

"Do you want to hear it's heartbeat? Sometimes it can be heard on this age."

Dr. Yoona didn't wait for their agreement this time. She pushed some buttons on the USG tool, then a series of lines appeared on the screen along with a faint 'dug-dug' sound. They both listened to it in silence for some times. Jisoo had mixed-feelings. This whole experience was too big for her to handle. She just knew that she wanted to stop.  

"Oppa... I'm cold."

She turned to Haein, but it seemed like Haein couldn't even hear her. He still looked on that grey screen, not moving like a statue. His eyes, his expression, it was hard to explain but it was the side of Haein Jisoo hadn't seen before. He looked like he was amazed yet tense at the same time.

"Oppa." She called him once more.

"Ah, yes, sorry Love." He kissed Jisoo's hand several times while stroking Jisoo's head.

Dr. Yoona smiled again. "I will give you recipe for suplements and vitamins. If I may suggest, you should do blood and urine test too, so we can detect if there is any abnormalities or sickness."

"Yes, please doc." This time Haein sounded firm.

Seeing how he reacted, Jisoo suddenly got a bad feeling.