CHAPTER FORTY NINE

« ECCENDENTESIAST »

MINA'S P.O.V

“I'm sorry, love. I really gotta go and check what happened on the east, one of the guards informed me that there's a problem with the Armory.”

Before I could even respond, Chaeyoung already ran off and leaving me all alone in the house while holding the cloak I wash for her to wear.

“Guess I'll just give this to her later...”

☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘

“I don't think, I can make it to dinner tonight. I have a meeting with the cabinets.” Chaeyoung said while fixing her clothes.

“But you promised to be here tonight--” She cut me off.

“I know, love. They called for a meeting last minute, don't wait for me as well. You can go to sleep first.” She walked over to me and I was waiting for her goodbye kiss but she just gave me a quick hug and went out the house.

☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘

Curses. Shouts. Hands banging on the table.

It's making unable to stay calm, I started breathing heavily as I slowly remember everytime my father and brother had an argument. They cursed and shouting to each other while I'm in my room, curled up like a ball with my hands covering my ears.

It all starts with a calm disagreeing with the other's opinion until it slowly leads to arguments, we're having a meeting regarding about some mysterious letters being sent to our island with words and letters we couldn't understand even a bit.

“Your opinion is bullshit, everyone already knows that Luna, Sol, and Lux's heiress are still alive. They won't start a war they know, they can't beat.” I looked at Chaeyoung and she was rubbing both her temples, clearly stress.

I wanted to comfort her but at the same time, I'm almost trying to make myself calm down. I could feel my hands shaking and feeling nauseous, I close my eyes to try to forget what was happening and calm down.

I slowly open my eyes when I felt a warm hands squeezing mine, I looked at my side and Chaeyoung was looking at me worriedly. Ignoring the others that was waiting for her opinion.

“Are you okay?” I just nodded and looked away, trying to hide the fact that I'm on the verge of breaking down.

I flinched when Chaeyoung suddenly slammed both of her hands on the table to kill the noises and arguments, she sighed deeply before looking at them.

“None of us know what's the meaning of the letters that was sent to us, but one thing I can confirm is that, all the letter are the same so I assume that all the letters were just the same.”

I have noticed that too, Chaeyoung and I were always together if that includes doing her duties. We never show affection to each other for a long time but I'm glad that I can be with her even if just for her duties.

Those letters... they're all familiar to me but I don't remember where I've seen it. I looked at the letters scattered all over the table and analyze every word that was written.