CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

« A GIFT FROM GOD  »

OMNISCIENT

“Stay still.” Mina sternly said while putting aloe vera gel on the open wound on the small girl's arm.

Chaeyoung hissed as she lightly move away causing Mina to glare at her, “That's what you get for fighting.” She scolds.

“It was worth it. I saved you.” Chaeyoung softly replied and hissed as Mina held her arm tightly.

“Ah! Hey, it hurts!” She let out a small hiss and furrowed her eyebrows when she noticed the girl hanging her head low.

“What's wrong?” Chaeyoung asked and starts to panicked when she felt a tear drop on her legs, “O-oi, did i say something bad?” She stuttered, still panicking.

“Why would you take the gun to kill yourself? What if there was bullet in it?”

Chaeyoung laugh awkwardly as she scratch the back of her head, “I-i don't really know, actually. I don't know what came up to me.” She stuttered, still laughing awkwardly.

“I'm serious.”

Chaeyoung fell silent which made Mina looked up and saw the girl was now looking at her feet.

“All I know was to save you because if I lose you means losing myself as well.” She looked at the girl deeply in her eyes as she reached out for Mina's hand.

“Why? I hurt you so many times, I told you so many harsh things, I don't love you so why? Why are you willing to die for me when I didn't give you anything except pain?” Chaeyoung smiled.

“You're my life, Mina. My soul.” She sincerely said, rubbing the back of Mina's hand with her thumb.

Mina slowly let her head fall on Chaeyoung's chest, finally letting her tears out as she remember the death of her older brother who risk his life to save her like what the girl always does when she's in danger.

Chaeyoung looked at the moon out the window, it was so bright along with the stars beside it. She slowly place her hand on Mina's back and gently pat it.

“I do it all because I love you, Mina.” She softly whispered before resting her chin on Mina's crown.

“Even if you don't love me back, I will love you unconditionally.” She added and felt Mina clenched on her clothes.

“You're so selfless...” Mina weakly muttered as she let out some small sobs.

Chaeyoung fell silent when she heard that, letting Mina cry on her shoulder, being the girl's pillow with her hand gently patting her back.

After a few minutes, she heard Mina stops crying and snoring now, falling asleep due to tiredness and all the things that happened that day.

Chaeyoung chuckled lowly, “I know.”

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

MINA'S P.O.V

[ MORNING ]

“Wake up, honey.”

I opened my eyes and found Chaeyoung staring at me. I raised my eyebrows indicating I'm asking her why she's staring at me so early in the morning.

“I just can't believe, I'm waking up next to my angel.” I blushed from her words and it's still early to make me feel this strange feeling.

“Don't be so cheesy, Chaeng.” I said and was about to stood up but she hugged me from behind, preventing me to stand up.