Chapter 9

Everyone else went home promising to come back the next day. But not will. Will stayed. He didn't dare to leave, he refused entirely. Even when his mom said no. He said he didn't care, he was staying. She eventually agreed. Reluctantly. He didn't know when he was going back. But he knew he didn't want to leave Mike alone at a time like this.

Will folded the last shirt, placing it in the drawer. They'd spent all day cleaning mikes room and doing laundry. He looked over at Mike who's long hair was newly washed and fluffy. He was just staring. Which caused Will to turn away quickly. He was unaware of the fact that Mike had been staring at him the entire time.

"Come here. Stop being my maid." Mike said with a laugh, patting the bed.

Will scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Maid? Is that all I am to you?" He walked towards him and sat down on the bed. "Of course not!" Mike said genuinely causing Will to laugh. "I was just kidding." Will said, smiling wide. "Oh." Mike muttered breaking the eye contact and staring at the floor.

"You gonna talk to me now?" Will said.

Mike didn't look at him, he stood up and closed the door, sitting back down and still refusing eye contact. "Mike." Will said, scooting closer. Mike breathed in, "I don't know what's going on anymore." Mike sighed. "I'm just so confused." Mike said finally looked at him. Wills heart stopped for a second. Why is he looking at me like that?! Jesus Christ he was killing him.

"What do you mean?" He finally replied.

"Eleven came by a while ago. Saying a bunch of stuff about how our relationship meant nothing? About how she was angry that I'd made no efforts to get her back?" Mike ranted. Will just let him, nodding in response and edging for him to go on. "And..I don't think she's wrong. I didn't love her. I really didn't. I didn't like kissing her I didn't like doing anything with her. I liked being around her as a friend." Mike said frustration consuming his face, small tears in his eyes.

"I hate myself for it."

This caused wills heart to just shatter. "Mike. Don't hate yourself over it. It's..not your fault." Will said, trying to help. "It is though. What's wrong with me? Why can't I feel anything?" Mike raised his voice. Will knew exactly why. He didn't want to say. He wouldn't. "I don't know Mike." He said simply. "The worst part is..I've always cared about you more." Mike said, the tears in his eyes falling as he let out small choked sobs. "And I..hurt you. I pushed you away. Because I hated the way you made me feel. And I'm so sorry for that Will. You never ever deserved that."

Will just started crying as hard as he could. He's sorry? He realizes? He couldn't take it. "Will.." mike said, putting his arms around Will and hugging him. Will didn't say anything, just continued to cry. And mike cried with him. They both just sat there in each other's arms.

"I'm so fucking sorry. I'm so so sorry." Mike whispered, his eyelashes wet with tears.

——————————————————————-

Me writing this: