Chapter 2

Will snapped up, sweat beading off his entire body. He gasped in air harshly, pulling at himself. He hated getting nightmares. He hated them so much. Once he composed himself he walked to the bathroom and hopped in the shower. Trying to wash away the stickiness of his skin. He stepped out of the shower, putting a towel around himself.

He walked into his room. He closed the door drying himself off and pulling a grey sweater over his head. He put his black jeans on and combed his hair forward, a few pieces dangling in front of his eyes. He'd gotten used to it. He walked into the kitchen and grabbed the phone, dialing in the wheelers number.

He waited for a moment before someone picked up the phone, "hello?" He heard mikes mom on the other line. "Hi Mrs. Wheeler! Is Mike there?" Will said politely before hearing Karen scream out Mikes name. He could hear mikes frantic breaths against the phone. "Hello?" Is all he said. Will snapped into realization. "Oh. It's Will! I was thinking I could come over and stay the night. If that's okay?" He said, smiling and praying Mike would say yes. "Oh hey Will! Yeah that sounds great." He could almost hear mikes grin. "Alright. Cool. I'll be there soon." Will said, feeling his insides melt. "Alright. Cya!" He heard the line go dead and he put the phone down.

He went to his room and immediately began packing. He and Mike hadn't had a sleepover in ages. He was always to busy with Eleven. Will missed their hour long talks, where they could just be themselves with each other. He really missed it. He spent nights begging for Mike to just..come back to him. It sounded ridiculous but he was helplessly lonely. He finished shoving items in his bag and grabbed a piece of paper scribbling out frantic words. Staying the night at Mikes. Be back tomorrow -Will He placed the page on the fridge, hoping his mother would see it and not panic. He opened the door grabbing his bike by the handbags and jumping on it, biking towards Mikes house.

Mike ran around cleaning the basement. He folded the blankets and fixed the pillows on the couch. Feeling entirely stupid for wanting things to be so perfect. For some reason he was so excited. Deep inside Mike cared about Will dearly. He felt shitty about what he'd done to him. What he'd done to all his friends. Totally dropping them for Eleven. For mike, their breakup was like being freed from chains. He hated himself for everything, every little bit. He really hoped they could make up. That they could go back to the way they used to be. He sat down on the couch, feeling tears well up in his eyes. He swiped them away quick, breathing in and rubbing his eyes. He sighed, resting his head on the back of the couch and closing his eyes. Shut up. Just shut up. Don't think about it. Just stop. His breath quickened, his hands began to rub his legs subconsciously. Stop. Stop stop stop. He pulled at his shorts and pressed a hand against his chest taking deep breaths. He opened his eyes looking straight ahead.

Suddenly the doorbell rang.