Chapter 7

Mike lied down on his bed, curling up and pulling the blanket over him. He faced the wall and began to let his tears spill out. Why do I always screw everything up? Mike closed his eyes tight. I hate this. I hate it all. He cried into his pillow. Wishing someone was there to comfort him. Pulling at his clothes Mike began to become angry. He jumped up off the bed and began kicking at his furniture. Punching the walls and eventually slamming himself right into one. He slid down to the floor. "What the fuck is wrong with me?" He muttered breathlessly, letting his body fall against the cold flooring. He breathed roughly, eventually falling asleep.

————————————-

Karen walked up the stairs, she knocked on Mikes door, "honey? Breakfast." There was no response so she opened the door. The room was a mess, clothes all over the floor, Mike was in the bed face down, a blanket wrapped around him. "Jesus!! Michael! This room is a mess." She walked towards the bed stepping over piles of stuff. She shook him. "Michael. Get up." He didn't move. He didn't say a word. "Mike. Don't be so stubborn. Please get up." Still there was no response. She decided it was no use and left. Mike had been in the state for about a week, refusing to speak and refusing to get out of bed. He hadn't even showered. Karen didn't know what to do.

She walked downstairs, Nancy was at the table, chewing her bacon. "He's not coming is he?" Nancy asked. Karen shook her head no. "Maybe you should call his friends. They might help." Nancy suggested, getting up from the table and going back up the stairs. Karen began cleaning up the dishes and considering Nancy's idea. If anything could help, it'd be them.

She decided to call the sinclairs since they lived the closest. She picked up the phone and dialed the number. "Hello?" A female voice said, "Hello! Is Lucas there?" Karen said kindly. On the other line she heard the voice scream, "Lucas! Some chick wants you." Karen waited patiently to until she heard Lucas's voice in the other line. "Hello?" He said. "Oh hi Lucas!" Karen said politely. "I'm calling about Mike." She said. "Oh what is it?" Lucas asked. "He's having a hard time and I can't get him out of bed. He won't talk or eat." Karen said, worry shadowing her voice. "I was thinking maybe you will and Dustin could come cheer him up, nothings working." Karen said desperately. Please say yes.

"Yeah okay. I'll call the others."

————————————————————

Next chapter is gonna be a long one. Should be out soon. School is really wearing me down though.